[NL2-NL10] Raise Turn?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $10 (100 bb) 100/25 in 5 hands
      Hero (BTN): $10 (100 bb) 21/16/1.5/0.0/50/19
      SB: $10.61 (106.1 bb)
      BB: $24.04 (240.4 bb) 25/18/2.1/5.2/32/541

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 8 K
      CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 5 6 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.90, CO calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.95) J (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, BB calls $0.60

My hand has improved to a straight+flush draw so what do you think I should raise here or just call and take the good odds being offered to me?

River: ($5.75) 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $3.50, 2 folds
  • 5 replies
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      what do you do if you raise turn and CO shoves ?
      what do you do if you raise turn and BB shoves ?
      what do you do if you raise turn and CO calls,BB folds and river is a brick ?
      what do you do if you raise turn and BB calls, CO folds and river is a brick ?
      and there are scenarios when BB calls your turn raise and CO comes along

do you see where I am getting at ?

Before you ask yourself if you shoudl make a play, ask yourself what you do in the different outcome scenarios. If you don't know, then don't make that play

trying to help with the thought process here rather than the particular hand.

in this particular hand i feel that callling >raising turn because you also keep the BB in some of the time, whereas if you raise turn you will be most likely HU on the river.
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bmfbpi

Before you ask yourself if you shoudl make a play, ask yourself what you do in the different outcome scenarios. If you don't know, then don't make that play

in this particular hand i feel that callling >raising turn because you also keep the BB in some of the time, whereas if you raise turn you will be most likely HU on the river.
      Spot on. I really don't think we have much fold equity when we raise either so calling seems much better.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello maheepsangari,

Doubt that you going to have much fold equity, rather Call it and take the odds as long they give you.

Best Regards.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by bmfbpi

Thanks for putting it that way. It helps.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      np maheepsangari , glad to help