This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 ~ QQ facing BB aggression on rag board

• MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $3.00
      BTN: $10.35
      SB: $17.83
      BB: $29.56 28/17/13/1.3 (90) fold to Steal 71%
      UTG: $12.87
      Hero (MP): $15.61

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:club: Q:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) 4:heart: 6:diamond: 2:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.48, BB raises to $1.60, Hero calls $1.12

Turn: ($3.85, 2 players) 3:club:
      BB bets $2.70, fold

BB wins $3.60

Couldn't bring myself to fold to the flop C/R but am now wondering if I should 3bet/fold the flop.
      Check calling doesn't seem to buy me anything though, already hoping for a brick on T+R and play small ball.

Turn I think I have to reluctantly fold as I only beat smaller overpairs to the board, all of which I think slow down on this Turn. I guess villain could be semi bluffing a strong FD.
      I think villain is polarised but leaning closer to straights and sets.
      Good fold?

How about variations on flop play?

Thanks,
      MD
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MasochisticDesire,

Well, but calling and folding on rather a blank card doesn't make much sense either. The 3 doesn't improve much of his range whilst most likely the guy wont have that many 5x hands.

Best Regards.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      don't call the flop check-raise if you don't plan on calling a blank turn. it makes absolutely no sens and you are burning money this way

what kind of player is he ? do you have any reads ?
      what range do you give him ? do you think he does this as a semi-bluff ?

let's think about his range a bti and you will get your answer(don't be results oriented).

I assume 13 is his 3bet%, so he does 3bet a good percentage of the time, so I would rule out JJ-AA, AKo and AKs as I think he almost always 3bets these for value

He's in the BB, what is his most likely preflop calling range ?
      pairs, suited connectors, broadways

when you bet and he check-raises you, his range becomes more narrow. He could do this with:
      - sets
      - overpairs to the board
      - flush draws
      - straight draws ( but would he call 57o pre in the BB and play it OOP ? maybe, but unlikely)

Now it all comes down to if you think he check-raises you as a semi-bluff.

if he does, then he does this with his semi-bluffs, overpairs and sets:
      Board: 4h 6d 2d
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 36.004% 35.44% 00.57% 91563 1468.50 { TT-66, 44, 22, AdTd, Ad9d, Ad8d, Ad7d, Ad6d, Ad5d, Ad4d, Ad3d, Ad2d, KdQd, KdJd, KdTd, 7d5d }
      Hand 1: 63.996% 63.43% 00.57% 163890 1468.50 { QQ }

you have 2 options here. shove flop or call and re-eval turn.
      shoving flop may seem ok but when you shove flop his range becomes even narrower, because now you have to think if he calls FD to a shove. If he calls FD then it's clear that shove is a good option here

As played, on the turn what does he bet ?
      his straights, his sets and his overpairs. Don't think he would fire again here with his FD tbh

Board: 4h 6d 2d 3c
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 34.225% 30.61% 03.61% 2748 324.00 { TT-66, 44, 22, 7d5d }
      Hand 1: 65.775% 62.17% 03.61% 5580 324.00 { QQ }

what can we infer from my post ? it all comes down to the villain's tendencies and knowing your opponent
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Hey guys, thanks for the responces this is great.

but calling and folding on rather a blank card doesn't make much sense either

don't call the flop check-raise if you don't plan on calling a blank turn

This is great stuff as it suggests I am gunna learn something as I didn't think this was a blank Turn at all.
      Sadly, with only 90 hands on opponent I have no solid stats.
      However, calling from the blinds with eproximately a 29% range I thought his range includes 45s,56s,A5s. (only 12 combos of 5x though to be fair.)

As played, on the turn what does he bet ?

his straights, his sets and his overpairs. Don't think he would fire again here with his FD tbh

Yeah, this is why I thought myself behind on the turn.

Thanks a lot for the effort you put in to equilab bmfbpi,
      unfortunately I have very little experience with the tool and can't make any sense of the probabilities you have posted.
      I will explore some hand ranges in equilab when I get back from work and hopefully you guys can take a look.

Thanks again,
      MD
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      glad to help

just ask away