CO: $5.13
      BTN: $4.86
      SB: $7.18
      Hero (BB): $5.13
      UTG: $6.86
      UTG+1: $5.09

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, BTN calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.92, 2 players) K:spade: 4:heart: 3:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.57, Hero calls $0.57

Turn: ($2.06, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.08, fold

BTN wins $1.97

The guy was a nit his stats are like //VP 7 //PR 4 //3B 2

good fold? Guess he hit a set?
  • 6 replies
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      I don't think he would raise and call with a small pocket pair, so I wouldn't include 44 or 33 in his range.
      It is 'possible' he has KK or QQ, but with KK and probably QQ he would probably 4-bet preflop. I think you should bet on the flop and not be so passive with such a strong hand.
      Villain might even just have something like AJs and decide to take a stab at the pot after your passive check...

also, how many hands have you played against Villain?
      I think the most likely hand for the Villain is AK where he is just betting a good hand (that is better than basically any likely holding of yours except AA, which you folded...)
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      flop: bet bigger $0.8
      turn: bet turn. why in the world would you check turn ?

stats over how many hands ? stop giving stats so much credit.
      i had a guy over a reasonable sample 3bet me with QT and call a 4bet shove AI on a XXT flop. Start thinking and don't rely on your stats for your decisions. They are to guide you, not to make the decisions for you

why does he have a set ? because he check/called flop ?
      if you bet turn and he raises you then you can think about that possibility.
      BUT when he does that he has sets, and 2pair, as i doubt a tight player would check-raise turn as a semi-bluff

don't play automatic.
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bmfbpi

i had a guy over a reasonable sample 3bet me with QT and call a 4bet shove AI on a XXT flop. Start thinking and don't rely on your stats for your decisions. They are to guide you, not to make the decisions for you

BUT when he does that he has sets, and 2pair, as i doubt a tight player would check-raise turn as a semi-bluff

don't play automatic.
      I think you misread that. Hero check called flop...
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PhoenixPhreak
      Originally posted by bmfbpi

don't play automatic.
      I think you misread that. Hero check called flop...
      thanks PhoenixPhreak

flop: cbet flop ? why are you checking ? as played: clear check-raise
      turn: check/call
    • Thorek
      Thorek
      Bronze
      Why u don't cbet?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don´t think you always need to c-bet on Kxx flops (especially if players like to bluff you out the pot), but that case you should also c/c him down, since he may bluff or valuebet worse hands (mostly AK)

I would have taken bet flop, bet turn, shove river line with aces, but mixing it up sometimes should also be fine. Betting flop would usually makes your hand easier to play and protect against draws

If you fold too often to strong bets then you should move down the stakes, since c/c doesn´t really show any strength which means you very often would fold better hands and bet mostly yourself only close to nuts.

best regards,