This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SSS 43s Freeplay

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      --------------------
      HAND #1
      --------------------

Party Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
      Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BTN: $1.54 (15.4 bb)
      SB: $5.78 (57.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $1.85 (18.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $1.79 (17.9 bb)
      MP1: $9.66 (96.6 bb)
      MP2: $4.87 (48.7 bb)
      MP3: $8.36 (83.6 bb)
      CO: $3 (30 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with 4
      CO posts BB out of position, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, CO checks, BTN calls $0.10, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.60) 8 (6 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.60) 5 (6 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, SB folds, Hero calls $0.15

River: ($1.20) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

Im willing to show the results ;)
      Need to have some feedback regarding my freeplay-play

Results (listed below in white, highlight to see): $2.80 pot ($0.14 rake)
      CO showed 8h 5c (two pairs, Eights and Fives) and lost (-$1.20 net)
      Hero showed 4d 3d (a flush, King high) and won $2.66 ($1.46 net)
  • 6 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Flopplay is good.
      On the turn you could either go for a check/raise, or a immediate bet yourself.
      If you bet you should make it at least 2/3pot.

On the river you hit your flush draw and you seem to be scared, is that right?
      You can't play your draw aggresively (by betting on the turn) and then check/call as soon as you hit.
      Either bet the river, or check/raise all-in, but I prefer the former one.

So on the turn you have a monsterdraw, which can be played as a made hand.
      The river gives you the flush, so you should also bet the river and push any raise.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Exactly, I was afraid of a higher flush as 43s is considered nothing as kicker.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Exactly, I was afraid of a higher flush as 43s is considered nothing as kicker.
      In that case you can't play this draw aggresively if you don't trust it when you hit it.
      I would personally just play this aggresively, since a flush is a flush and you can go broke against a higher flush.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Preflop and flop is ok.I don`t understand your small bet on turn-do normal bet or check.By doing proper size bet with monster draw you have some FE and it`s your first goal when you play draw aggressively.If you are really afraid of higher flush then check /call river is ok,but you not very often will be against higher flush.That would be a problem if hand brings 4 cards to flush.
      So max value play on river should be right in this case.
      GL :)
      Bronze
      Yeah, I'm afraid you could've been against a better fd in such a multiway pot (looks pretty similar to donkish $1-$2 table on our local cardroom with 6 way+ on the flop ;) ).

But still, the turn is in my opinion a pot size bet. With this 8 more outs you should be ahead of many good hands which will call you here. If someone raise your psb, push.

Also, probably push the river if you hit.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      This type of play with monster draws in a FREEPLAY was rather unknown and I was fearing yes as I do not have any basics on how to tackle this 'problem/dilemma'. I appreciate your comments & the outcome is edited/added