Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1918018
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $0.46 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 3,0, Hands: 22
      CO: $4.42 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 26, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 35
      BTN: $1.63 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 17
      Hero (SB): $2.01 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 17, 3B: 5, AF: 2,4, Hands: 22320
      BB: $1.26 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 8

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with A :spade: A :diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.05, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.16, 1 fold, CO calls $0.11

Flop: ($0.34) 7 :diamond: J :club: Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, CO calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.82) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero ?

Can I bet as a bluff? NO, I have the best 1pair hand.
      Can I bet for value? Can't put him on a range, kind of unknown and dunno what he calls a 3bet IP. Dont know. It would be hard to ch.c, so rather cbet?...
  • 11 replies
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      bet/fold turn
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Vs a loose player we can still Bet it and mainly plan to Bet/Fold the turn as well whilst he could easily even have Qx hands.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Vs a loose player we can still Bet it and mainly plan to Bet/Fold the turn as well whilst he could easily even have Qx hands.

Best Regards.
      The problem is, that if I bet, I'm going to be committed. Even if I check river, he can easily push, then what? Can I assume that I'm going to be ahead if all the money goes in?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      The problem is, that if I bet, I'm going to be committed. Even if I check river, he can easily push, then what? Can I assume that I'm going to be ahead if all the money goes in?
      Why would you be committed if you Bet the same amount as you did on the flop? :) If we Bet the turn then Check/Fold the river most likely. Or either if we Check the turn then it's a Check/Fold whilst too many hands have us beat.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Why would you be committed if you Bet the same amount as you did on the flop? :) If we Bet the turn then Check/Fold the river most likely. Or either if we Check the turn then it's a Check/Fold whilst too many hands have us beat.
      I bet 0,5$ on the turn, and the pot is 1,8$ on the river, and I have 1.1$ behind. I mean, what if he pushes on the river, he can do it cause he's in position. In that case, we payed 0.5$ more before we folded. I dunno, maybe I see monsters under the bed?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I bet 0,5$ on the turn, and the pot is 1,8$ on the river, and I have 1.1$ behind. I mean, what if he pushes on the river, he can do it cause he's in position. In that case, we payed 0.5$ more before we folded. I dunno, maybe I see monsters under the bed?
      This board should be rather Check/Folded the turn if you are seeing monsters under the bed. :D If he raises you are almost always vs better hand, so why would you be committed?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Because if he calls, and pushes the river, we can't fold, because the pot is too big and we have aces, can we? Or we can, because he doesnt look that aggressive.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Because if he calls, and pushes the river, we can't fold, because the pot is too big and we have aces, can we? Or we can, because he doesnt look that aggressive.
      Why do you want to Call if he shoves? You don't have anything beat if he does it.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Why do you want to Call if he shoves? You don't have anything beat if he does it.
      So all in all, we bet the turn for VALUE, and if the player bets the river, we are 99% beaten and we fold?

In my head he could push with busted draws or Qx aswell. Sample size isnt too big, so we dont know what he's capable of. And then we built a big pot before we folded.

Where is the mistake in my line of thought?
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      You are right, that's the problem against this kind of player. You don't know at all what his shoving range looks like. In general, however, I think it's too strong to call a shove on the river. Sure, you might sometimes fold the better hand, but not all that often.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So all in all, we bet the turn for VALUE, and if the player bets the river, we are 99% beaten and we fold?

In my head he could push with busted draws or Qx aswell. Sample size isnt too big, so we dont know what he's capable of. And then we built a big pot before we folded.

Where is the mistake in my line of thought?
      We can't say 99% always beat. :D Depends a lot of course on the opponent, we might even able to Call sometimes if we assume he is also loose and enough of draws missed.