This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

The day it turned?

• Freewolf
      Freewolf
      Bronze
      Hi everyone =)

My name is Torgeir, and I come from Norway.
      As some others, I have played online poker for 3-4 years, mainly as a marginal losing player.

I ended up at this site, cause of a link in email from Jared Tendler, which newsletter I signed up to maybe a year ago, not really sure :D

What I have seen so far, has made a boost in my motivation for beeing a better player. I know some of the basics, but I tend to tilt abit when having a bad beat or 2, and my BRM hasn't been any good, I see that now :tongue:

Am looking forward to explore both the videos, blogs and also the forum here more!

Have a nice day all :)
  • 5 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Freewolf!

Welcome to our community!!

So what have you been playing the last 3-4 years? SnG's, cash, big MTT's, PLO maybe?

Tell us a bit more about yourself!

Oh yeah and don't forget our articles, Live coachings and the No Limit Beginners Course! (link in my sig)

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • Chadwicked
      Chadwicked
      Bronze
      Welcome Freewolf,

I am also a new player around here, and I'm sure you will enjoy reading all the articles as much as I have. Good that you know the basics and have acknowledged some of your faults. The only way to fix what your doing wrong is to acknowledge them in the first place :)

What poker sites do you play at?

Look forward to seeing you around,
      Chadwicked
    • Freewolf
      Freewolf
      Bronze
      @RasTweet

Thx :)

I have mostly been playing SNGs 9-players, but lately I have been focusing on cash-games.

Am still a low-limit player though. Micro-limit in fact, with 0.05/0.10 and 0.10/0.20 as the mostly played.

My strength is my ability to calculate odds quickly, my biggest weaknesses is that I too often bid after flop, and also that I tend to many hands :D
      Also, I have to work abit more on learning which type of players I am facing and play according to their lvl of knowledge and playing styles.
      I cannot count even all the times I have been called down to river when a CS just have King high or lowest pair.

And ofc, as many other players, after a bad beat or 2, I often play badly and way to loose.
    • Freewolf
      Freewolf
      Bronze
      @ Chadwicked

Thx :)

Good to see that you enjoy articles here!

I have mostly been playing on PokerStars, cause I really like the GUI there, its always alot of traffic, and the menus are easy to navigate in. And I also like the speed in the changing of hands etc. The competition is harder then other sites though, but I have been a recreational player, and often played after a few beers or while having a few beers :D

Even though I have wanted to make a profit, and could have been, I have mostly appreciated the fun of playing poker.

I have decided I want a change though :D

Which sites do you play at, and is there any site you have as a favorite?

Look forward to see you around also, Chadwicked!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Its fine to play for the fun of playing but wait until you start crushing then you will really have fun playing :D

Hope to see you becoming a regular poster here at PokerStrategy.com ;)

Carl