The day it turned?

• Freewolf
      Freewolf
      Bronze
      Hi everyone =)

My name is Torgeir, and I come from Norway.
      As some others, I have played online poker for 3-4 years, mainly as a marginal losing player.

I ended up at this site, cause of a link in email from Jared Tendler, which newsletter I signed up to maybe a year ago, not really sure :D

What I have seen so far, has made a boost in my motivation for beeing a better player. I know some of the basics, but I tend to tilt abit when having a bad beat or 2, and my BRM hasn't been any good, I see that now :tongue:

Am looking forward to explore both the videos, blogs and also the forum here more!

Have a nice day all :)
  • 5 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Freewolf!

Welcome to our community!!

So what have you been playing the last 3-4 years? SnG's, cash, big MTT's, PLO maybe?

Tell us a bit more about yourself!

Oh yeah and don't forget our articles, Live coachings and the No Limit Beginners Course! (link in my sig)

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • Chadwicked
      Chadwicked
      Bronze
      Welcome Freewolf,

I am also a new player around here, and I'm sure you will enjoy reading all the articles as much as I have. Good that you know the basics and have acknowledged some of your faults. The only way to fix what your doing wrong is to acknowledge them in the first place :)

What poker sites do you play at?

Look forward to seeing you around,
      Chadwicked
    • Freewolf
      Freewolf
      Bronze
      @RasTweet

Thx :)

I have mostly been playing SNGs 9-players, but lately I have been focusing on cash-games.

Am still a low-limit player though. Micro-limit in fact, with 0.05/0.10 and 0.10/0.20 as the mostly played.

My strength is my ability to calculate odds quickly, my biggest weaknesses is that I too often bid after flop, and also that I tend to many hands :D
      Also, I have to work abit more on learning which type of players I am facing and play according to their lvl of knowledge and playing styles.
      I cannot count even all the times I have been called down to river when a CS just have King high or lowest pair.

And ofc, as many other players, after a bad beat or 2, I often play badly and way to loose.
    • Freewolf
      Freewolf
      Bronze
      @ Chadwicked

Thx :)

Good to see that you enjoy articles here!

I have mostly been playing on PokerStars, cause I really like the GUI there, its always alot of traffic, and the menus are easy to navigate in. And I also like the speed in the changing of hands etc. The competition is harder then other sites though, but I have been a recreational player, and often played after a few beers or while having a few beers :D

Even though I have wanted to make a profit, and could have been, I have mostly appreciated the fun of playing poker.

I have decided I want a change though :D

Which sites do you play at, and is there any site you have as a favorite?

Look forward to see you around also, Chadwicked!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Its fine to play for the fun of playing but wait until you start crushing then you will really have fun playing :D

Hope to see you becoming a regular poster here at PokerStrategy.com ;)

Carl