From nl10 to nl25

• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      Hey, currently I'm playing nl10 on party poker, have pretty good winrate over 30k hands and I'm planning to take a shot to nl25. So how the game changes from nl10? Can I play good ABC poker and be winning player on nl25? Or nl25 is the limit where I should start to do such things like 4bet bluffing, barreling 3 streets, a lot of floating and etc?

I'am playing full ring.
  • 12 replies
    • Krisstef
      Krisstef
      Bronze
      To me 4bet bluffing and a lot of floating are an absolutely crazy idea FR.

I'm playing on stars and switched to NL25 profitably. I play a laggy style and i have the absolutely same winrate for Nl25 as i did for NL10.
      Switch up if you have the bankroll and keep doing what you've been doing so far. Games are absolutely the same IMO. Just be careful cause money moves around 2.5 times as fast.

GL and let me know how it goes.
    • Krisstef
      Krisstef
      Bronze
      Forgot to mention, i play 6max so beware taking my advice.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Play your game.
      The worse thing you can do is to change your game because you are moving up. There won't be a huge difference between the 2 stakes so if you are a winning player at NL10 you shouldn't be far off being BE (at least :) ) on NL25.

One of the biggest mistake people make (including myself) when moving up is that they tend to think that on the new limit everyone is super aggro and they change their game so much.

Stick to your game and you will be fine! And remember to decide how many BI's you have for your shot. If it doesn't go to well (hope not!)move down again and make sure you were playing well.

GL
    • Sholja
      Sholja
      Bronze
      The only thing that I have noticed is that there is a little bit more regs but their level of knowledge is same like on NL10. I would advise you to play same way as you have played on NL10. You can once in awhile 4B bluff (but of course regs not fishes) and flouting regs that CB a lot flop but give up on turn.
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      @TheWinnerTakesItAll & @Krisstef
      Could you tell your winrates? I'm thinking to move from 888 to Stars or Party but I'm not sure will I be hit with significant winrate drop.
    • Sholja
      Sholja
      Bronze
      I wouldn't move from 888 to party or pokerstars. On 888 NL10 FR I had around 13 bb/100 winrate on about 30.000 hands (can't remmember exact numbers I have purged those hands from hem), and on pokerstars NL10 FR (it's only ZOOM hands) on 103974 hands I have 4,74 bb/100. Now I play NL25 FR ZOOM and on 56798 hands have 4,20 bb/100.
    • TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answers. :) My winrate is 9,6bb/100 and I am planning to take 3 BI's for the shot.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sholja
      I wouldn't move from 888 to party or pokerstars. On 888 NL10 FR I had around 13 bb/100 winrate on about 30.000 hands (can't remmember exact numbers I have purged those hands from hem), and on pokerstars NL10 FR (it's only ZOOM hands) on 103974 hands I have 4,74 bb/100. Now I play NL25 FR ZOOM and on 56798 hands have 4,20 bb/100.
      It's not all about winrate. :) Hourly is more important.

If you have 10bb/100 on one site and play 250hands/hour, and you have "only" 5bb/10 on other site, but you play 1000hands/hour (for example you play ZOOM), you will still make 2x the money per hour on the second site. ;)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i would post my nl25 graph but i think i'd throw up if i saw it again. :D i think there is a bit of a jump from nl10 to nl25 but thats just my opinion.

Originally posted by Dublimax
      One of the biggest mistake people make (including myself) when moving up is that they tend to think that on the new limit everyone is super aggro and they change their game so much.
      this also is a really good point and i think one of the hardest things to overcome.

gl :)
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krisstef
      To me 4bet bluffing and a lot of floating are an absolutely crazy idea FR.

I'm playing on stars and switched to NL25 profitably. I play a laggy style and i have the absolutely same winrate for Nl25 as i did for NL10.
      Switch up if you have the bankroll and keep doing what you've been doing so far. Games are absolutely the same IMO. Just be careful cause money moves around 2.5 times as fast.

GL and let me know how it goes.
      This is not true...everything is player dependent. Grantented it's not essential to beating such a limit like NL25 but it can go a long way of been the difference between "beating" and "crushing" if used in the right spots, if not then it's spewing. So make sure fudementals are good before adding such moves.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy

If you have 10bb/100 on one site and play 250hands/hour, and you have "only" 5bb/10 on other site, but you play 1000hands/hour (for example you play ZOOM), you will still make 2x the money per hour on the second site. ;)
      This is true if you don't have plans to progress further, but if you do then it's all about bb/100. no point even thinking about $/hr until NL50+
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      Originally posted by TiciBoy

This is true if you don't have plans to progress further, but if you do then it's all about bb/100. no point even thinking about $/hr until NL50+
      In my opinion, I think NL25 is the perfect place to start looking at your hourly, as it is the gateway between micro's and small stakes. You should compare to NL10 and to your NL50 shots. At NL25 the money becomes a more important factor due to the size of the limit increase. Like someone mentioned previously it's moving 2.5 times faster and you need to make sure that the increased limits and larger pots are not affecting your game too much.