[NL20-NL50] NL50: 98s

• kosmonaut111
      Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $54.74 (109.5 bb)
      UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $53 (106 bb)
      Hero (SB): $100.96 (201.9 bb)
      CO: $73.69 (147.4 bb)
      BB: $75.96 (151.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 8
      UTG folds, MP raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) Q 3 9 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($12) A (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets $8.25, Hero calls $8.25, BB calls $8.25

River: ($36.75) 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets $34.75, Hero raises to $88.71 and is all-in, BB folds, MP calls $6 and is all-in

The aggressor is a reg: 18/15 (OR from MP 7% ... wow) over 1,4k hands, postflop pretty aggressive.
      The other one is a fish: 36/21 rather aggressive, but also calls much

What do you think of my play here: my idea was to just call to get the fish along.
      But what about the river if he bets that strong vs two players. My hand is underrepped but still does he bet that amount with a set or weaker hand ?
  • 2 replies
    • iambanker

dont like pf call much even with fish behind us. MP range is very very tight and u said, he is agro post, so i dont see a lot of flops on which we could continue, I would just fold.

C/C flop is ok, keeping fish in is what we want. That turn card and his bet into two players looks pretty strong, fish have lot of flushes/Ax and u have still sets in range. In fact I would really hate my life right on turn, even he probably has only KJcc in range.

Fold river all day long, he is never bluffing and even he is repping only one combination, I really dont think he has there anything else. Its very good to know fold 2nd nuts in spots, when our oponent has always nuts :)
    • veriz
      Hello kosmonaut111,

Preflop: Wouldn't recommend either calling and being OOP. As you say the reg is an aggressor who likes to play postflop aggressively + fish is also agro who could squeeze here.

As played
      Flop: Not much to comment. Could argue about Check/Raising but Check/Calling is also fine with the pair of nines.
      Turn: Though I'd be rather watching out here vs such a guy who Bets so huge. If I assume the loose guy being rather bad player then might even donk out here to avoid them Checking behind which may easily happen.

As played
      River: Nah, I'd be rather leaving the hand alone, doubt that the guy bluffs into 3way and there are a lot better flushes possible, ours ain't even the highest.

Best Regards.