[NL2-NL10] AKs NL4 SH - take a stab?

• muel294
      Preflop: Plan was to 3b/broke preflop for value.

Flop: I expected him to have mostly PP's and strong AX or KX. 99-QQ, KQo+. I would have expected him to 4b JJ+ AQo most of the time.

So if I bet I thought I would turn my hand into a bluff since I think all worse hands fold and I only get called by hands that beat me.

My plan was just to c/f unimproved here.

Turn: I think he can x/beh some OP's as well as all other high card hands that I beat. Maybe I can b/f for value here since he might call me down with A-hi and only raise me with FH's?

River: I partly wanted to hero this river as I think he can also do this with A-hi or worse as a bluff. But given that he just shoves it will cost me a lot to find out and I have to be right soooo often in order to make this profitable. Maybe a good spot for blockbet and hope he tries to hero me?

I decided to just c/f thinking that its very likely that he does this with something like TT, TX or just a slowplayed OP?

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $4.00
      MP: $5.20
      CO: $5.25
      BTN: $3.94 33/17/6/11/25 - LAG
      Hero (SB): $4.00
      BB: $3.11

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has K:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.04, BTN raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.54, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.38

Flop: ($1.16, 2 players) 4:diamond: 7:club: 7:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($1.16, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.16, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.40 and is all-in, fold

BTN wins $1.11
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello muel294,

Doubt that I would change much there, we can't CB that easily on the flop if we don't assume him calling very loose in those spots, he will more often have the range you pointed out.

Best Regards.