[NL2-NL10] JJ NL4 SH - DB/fold line

• muel294
      Preflop: Flat for set value and to maybe play for value on certain board textures. Also so as not to ISO myself vs better and keep villain's weaker range in the hand

Flop: I can either x/rai or b/f IMO. I think x/rai would be bad since villains range is a little stronger UTG and he will rarely bluff on the F vs two opp's and I am not sure whether he can call a x/rai with worse pairs (88-TT). Also again I dont want to ISO myself vs better or turn my hand into a bluff.

I chose to DB/fold because:
      1) I think he rarely bluffs this board and x/f's worse a lot
      2) I consider myself to have a weak/marginal OP on this board and think I will rarely be bluffed or raised by worse here

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $4.89
      BTN: $6.04
      SB: $4.17
      Hero (BB): $4.04
      UTG: $3.86 41/26/2/0/29/40 hands
      MP: $4.06

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has J:heart: J:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.12, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.12, fold, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.38, 3 players) 6:diamond: 3:spade: 7:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.24, UTG raises to $0.68, fold, fold

UTG wins $0.82
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20

Against 41/26 player who seems to be very loose pre-flop I would prefer 3-betting JJ and playing for stacks. He would raise/call with worse hands pre-flop and sometimes would get all-in worse hands as TT/99

Postflop I would prefer take c/r line and play for stakes. I think raise/shove should also be fine, since players like to raise leads all sorts of hands that likely in his case is any flushdraw or 7x+

If you don´t want to play for stacks then I would rather c/c to keep pot control and decide on the turn if I would call him down, shove or fold

best regards,
    • muel294
      Cheers Kaitz

As for not going broke preflop with JJ . The small sample of stats and the fact that he opens UTG deterred me from doing this.

If villain was 20/15 would you prefer to flat pre and take a c/c line and re-evaluate T and R? If so why is this? Pot control and he has few draws in his range?