SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 7:spade: 7:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.08, MP calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.19, 2 players) Q:club: 7:diamond: 3:spade:
      Hero bets $0.09, MP calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.37, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

River: ($0.61, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero bets $0.41, MP raises to $0.82, [color=red]Hero ???

Hello, this hand is probably a bit messy as it was a rare attempt at slowplay, but I want to ask what is the most profitable way to play when we hit a set on a dry board, because I feel I am often not getting much value for hitting a set.

I only bet 1/2 pot on the flop to maybe get a raise if villain hit a Q. On turn should I have raised so it will be easier to shove on the river? On the river should I call or shove?

Thank you
  • 3 replies
    • bmfbpi
      In order for you to get value, you need to have a good hand and villain a weaker hand than yours. But villain has to have a hand !

bet bet bet !

as played:
      flop: bet bigger
      turn: check/raise stack off
      river: shove
    • veriz
      Hello seanspurs87,

Flop: Why not just Bet it normally and make Bet/Bet/Bet and so easy is poker. But no, you have to make your life really hard and as played I'd say it's worst line you could pick.

As played
      Turn: Check/Raise if you even going for a check here, what's the purpose of Check/Calling? It can only go worse for you on the river.

As played
      River: Why do you donk here? Now even some draws completed, not really understanding at all the play of yours. River at the best just call and be happy if you are even ahead there.

Best Regards.
    • seanspurs87
      Yeh I figured this was all a bit messy. I think I was playing on tilt, need to fix this kind of play. I guess I just get a bit frustrated when I bet big with a gd hand and the villain folds all the time, but thats a lack of patience and trying to be clever when all is needed is some basics. Thanks for the advice guys, still got some leaks definitely