UTG: $85.98 (172 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7 7
      UTG folds, MP raises to $2, Hero calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 8 2 9 (2 players)
      MP bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.75) K (2 players)
      MP bets $7, Hero folds

Anon table.

Is this a good board try to float? Or bluffraise maybe? All broadways miss, but I dont know his barrelling habits...
      Turn is quite bad for me.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Both options are possible, though with floating you may put yourself into trouble sometimes whilst having hard time to decide what to do on a blank turn. Though as played of course we can't do there much whilst that card is the worst for us.

Best Regards.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Which one would you prefer here against unknown opponent, float or bluffraise? Or just fold? :)

Originally posted by veriz
      though with floating you may put yourself into trouble sometimes whilst having hard time to decide what to do on a blank turn.
      That's why I was considering flop bluffraise, but I dont have good equity, no backdoors or anything to barrel, if I get called...
      But because of possibly hard turn decisions maybe just better to try taking down the pot on the flop with a bluffraise...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Which one would you prefer here against unknown opponent, float or bluffraise? Or just fold? :)

Originally posted by veriz
      though with floating you may put yourself into trouble sometimes whilst having hard time to decide what to do on a blank turn.
      That's why I was considering flop bluffraise, but I dont have good equity, no backdoors or anything to barrel, if I get called...
      But because of possibly hard turn decisions maybe just better to try taking down the pot on the flop with a bluffraise...
      Usually I try to build an image of the opponent as soon as possible on anon. tables. Also using HM2 which allows to use pretty nicely session stats. Though vs total unknown I'd be willing to Raise instead of Calling, with 7 might be more inclined to float cause it may also give you extra equity afterwards.