This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5, OOP w QQ!

• AA91EST
      AA91EST
      Bronze
      I don't use any programs.
      Villain was a fishy TAG. 1st time i saw MR. I didn't know what this means.I assume he maybe do this with SC, PP, Broadway hands so I decided to reraise big because i'm OOP, was pretty aggressive and get more value from decent hands(AJ-AQ, 22-TT). Min 4bet, i assume he will do that with JJ+, AK+, maybe with TT because i was agressive and maybe overplaying his hand.

Should we shove preflop, we are 152BB deep?

Flop: check/check, no information.
      Turn: I don't know why i bet here. I think because i wanted to take down pot here (he only folds AK). After MR i assume he will do that with JJ+. 1st i wanted shove but then i thinked better option is calling(maybe fold) so i call!
      River : ???????

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.07
      BU:
      $12.28
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB (Hero):
      $7.62
      MP3:
      $12.37

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      MP3 raises to $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, MP3 raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.82) 2, 7, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($1.82) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.87, MP3 raises to $1.74, Hero calls $0.87.

River: ($5.3) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.10, Hero calls ?
  • 2 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hello AA91EST

this statement:
      Originally posted by AA91EST
      i wanted to take down pot
      doesn't make much sense with this one:
      Originally posted by AA91EST
      he only folds AK.
      if he only folds AK then you are targeting only a narrow combination of hands in his total range.

im not very experienced with playing deep stacked but i don't think you ever want to go broke here preflop without a really good read. what else would villain want to risk this much with other than something that beats QQ?

once you call the turn i think you are committing to call the river. if you don't want to play for stacks i think a better option would be to check/call him down and not bet at all. that way he can bet with his bluffs too. i would play it way ahead/way behind and check/call the turn and check/call the river but again i'm not too experienced playing this deep :f_eek:

edit: moved it to hand evaluation forum where you will get some good feedback :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AA91EST,

Betting the turn is fine, though you should be giving up vs his line there. He very often ends there up with a trap which is rather towards KK/AA.

Best Regards.