Pokerstars reasonable buy in amount?

• vilistaja

I have question about buy in amounts on pokerstars. I can buy myself in there up to 250bb on micro limits, but is this reasonable if i play BBS. I don't see too much people having so big stack on tables and most of time effective stack is anyway max 150bb. Should i consider changing my buy in from table max (250bb) to like 100-150bb?
      Why i think about this thing is i have feeling that my big stack can scare some people out of pots.
      Any ideas about one or other are welcome.
  • 3 replies
    • TiciBoy
      If there are no 250bb stacks (hopefully fish) there is no reason to buy in for 250bb. You can only win as much as the effective stack is.
      If some fish doubles or tripples up, just buy in for max and take his money. :)

But keep in mind, that deepstack plays slightly different that with 100bb stacks.
    • holmeboy
      I'd say buy in for 100bb. All the info about bss here is about 100bb play so it'd stick with it at the start...
    • ExternalUseOnly
      Yeh i always buy in for 100bb too because i suck at playing deep at the minute.

Like its been said in here already if you are comfortable and know how to adapt to playing deep then buy in for 250bbs but if not stick to 100 until your game progresses a little more :)