[NL2-NL10] NL2: A6s

• kiromanAAKK
      Should I play this hand any different, pls?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.03)
      BB ($0.90)
      CO ($6.05)
      Hero ($1.90)

Dealt to Hero 6:spade: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.17) 5:heart: 6:diamond: 5:diamond:

BB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

TURN ($0.29) 5:heart: 6:diamond: 5:diamond: 8:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.21, BB calls $0.21

RIVER ($0.71) 5:heart: 6:diamond: 5:diamond: 8:heart: 3:diamond:

BB bets $0.55 (AI), Hero folds

villain 47/18/2.3/0.0

TY :)
  • 4 replies
    • jiffybag
      fold this hand pre, the bb does not have a full stack and if he pushes pre are you going to call with the A6s?
    • Resilence
      I don't think it's a mistake to play this hand preflop, we are oftent ahead of his range, but he seems really loose and will call down most things?
      I think it's a shame he bets the flop, but I don't mind the call here.
      Not sure wether to bet on the turn, and if we do I think it would be better to make it a bit smaller, given his stack size.
      But his line indicated he made a bluff induce?
      Fold on river is fine I guess.

My views ;)
    • PhoenixPhreak
      Villain made a small bet on the flop, just taking a stab at the pot from a would-be weak player. 2/3rds or so of the pot would have been much stronger. So, I would have raised them quite a bit. If they show strength back over the top, then I would fold and wait for a better spot to take their money.

If you are calling the flop, are you waiting to steal it away with a bet, like you did on the turn? or were you hoping to improve first? What was your thought behind the call?

In retrospect, it seems that villain was likely betting a flush draw, perhaps Ax or Kx of diamonds. So, he played the turn badly, but he might have been hoping an A high was good enough too and gave him a higher equity in the pot even unimproved.
    • veriz
      Hello kiromanAAKK,

Add to full stack. :P But otherwise not much to comment, seems to be pretty standard.

Best Regards.