This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2: A6s

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Should I play this hand any different, pls?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.03)
      BB ($0.90)
      CO ($6.05)
      Hero ($1.90)

Dealt to Hero 6:spade: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.17) 5:heart: 6:diamond: 5:diamond:

BB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

TURN ($0.29) 5:heart: 6:diamond: 5:diamond: 8:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.21, BB calls $0.21

RIVER ($0.71) 5:heart: 6:diamond: 5:diamond: 8:heart: 3:diamond:

BB bets $0.55 (AI), Hero folds

villain 47/18/2.3/0.0

TY :)
  • 4 replies
    • jiffybag
      jiffybag
      Bronze
      fold this hand pre, the bb does not have a full stack and if he pushes pre are you going to call with the A6s?
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I don't think it's a mistake to play this hand preflop, we are oftent ahead of his range, but he seems really loose and will call down most things?
      I think it's a shame he bets the flop, but I don't mind the call here.
      Not sure wether to bet on the turn, and if we do I think it would be better to make it a bit smaller, given his stack size.
      But his line indicated he made a bluff induce?
      Fold on river is fine I guess.

My views ;)
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Villain made a small bet on the flop, just taking a stab at the pot from a would-be weak player. 2/3rds or so of the pot would have been much stronger. So, I would have raised them quite a bit. If they show strength back over the top, then I would fold and wait for a better spot to take their money.

If you are calling the flop, are you waiting to steal it away with a bet, like you did on the turn? or were you hoping to improve first? What was your thought behind the call?

In retrospect, it seems that villain was likely betting a flush draw, perhaps Ax or Kx of diamonds. So, he played the turn badly, but he might have been hoping an A high was good enough too and gave him a higher equity in the pot even unimproved.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kiromanAAKK,

Add to full stack. :P But otherwise not much to comment, seems to be pretty standard.

Best Regards.