cindy1985
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with A A
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: T 9 8 ($4.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3, Button raises to $6, Hero calls.

Turn: 3 ($16.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $10, Hero calls.

River: J ($36.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Button is all-in $20.85, Hero folds.
      Uncalled bets: $20.85 returned to Button.

Results:
      Final pot: $36.25

should I fold the bet turn? He insta raise my bet on the flop, thought it might indicate a draw (a was a real weak and ultra agressive player).
      Should I call the river shove since he is so agressive? He could only have top paire...
  • 5 replies
    • TW0FACE
      TW0FACE
      Bronze
      The problem with agressive players is that they won't fold their hand. First they try to bluff you out of the pot on the flop. If that doesn't work they often call your bet on the turn. By the river their hand might improve and yours not. Your oponents probably did.

I see just 2 options. Either you should put a solid bet a size of a pot (maybe all-in if you have focused on his game) or fold on his reraise. If you choose to fight fire with fire you expect to get burned, but you might get alot of chips if you know your oponent.

Anyway I just think your call on the turn was uneccesary loss. You should have predicted his all-in. So if you choose agression you should reraise on the turn or simply fold it there and save some money.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      I would re raise him all in on the flop....... Bad play?? :D
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      I would reraise him on the flop, probably go all-in if possible.

On such a drawy board, the turn and river very often brings bad cards for you. So just calling is not the best option.
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      actually I was thinking that his mibraise would indicate a draw, and I didnt want to chase him away since he was likely to bet other streets as well. the river is killing me since the straigth and the flush came in...

But you probably are right, the pot at flop was big enough, I should have taken it at that point.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Don´t c/c turn. If you think that you´re ahead then c/rai or fold.
      A lot of scared cards could come and you might fold the best hand.