Future Affiliates?

• Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Since I've joined PS.com, a couple of affiliates have been added, which is great. The part that is not great is that PS never tells us before it actually happens.

Whenever a new affiliate was integrated, I've always seen many people complain in the comments (well, at least in the German ones :tongue: ) that they already had an account there and that it can't be re-tracked at all, or at least not without much hassle. So how about an official list of possible affiliates? PS could list up those platforms they're interested in, those they're currently in talks with. If there's no deal, just remove the platform from the list, no need to tell us why. None of our business after all, right?

I ask because there are two platforms on which I'd like to play eventually, but I wouldn't want to sign up only to translate the news next week that one of them is the newest PS affiliate. :tongue:

I'm also sure that our high volume players would be interested in this. How many of them missed the opportunity for the 100% up to $1,000 bonus on Ladbrokes because they already had an account there? How many missed the 100% up to $1,500 bonus on Betfair? If we knew that PS is in talks with an affiliate, we wouldn't sign up there until it's done.

So, how about it?
  • 7 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      they talk about future developements in confidential.pokerstrategy.com, including future affiliates (they talked about ladbrokes, betfair,...)
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      But that is confidential! :x

I thought you weren't supposed to read it. :(
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I suggest stop sitejumping untill the site becomes an affiliate. :)
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Well the thing is that most times we don't know for sure if we'll add another partner site before we actually do (or 2 weeks before it due to contracting, but that doesn't make a big change).

Most probably, we will add another Ongame skin, Pokerooom.com seems to be the likely candidate.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      So how do you pick new affiliates? Do they contact PS or does PS get in touch with them? Which criteria does a platform have to meet to become a PS affiliate?
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      We carefully select whom we accept as a partner site.

A new partner site has to be a very solid company - e.g. we don't work with small private held skins located on some caribbean island. Why? Because the risk for players is too high! No two months ago, Microgaming expelled like 20 skins and many of them did not even pay out the players bankrolls after the closure.

So we try to cover all of the big sites/networks while at the same time working only with reliable partners.

That is the reason why we e.g. work with Titan Poker on iPoker - Titan is very close to Playtech (the iPoker network company) and big, so it is by far the most reliable iPoker skin.

And that is the reason why we don't work with Absolute and Ultimate: both belong to the same people and you all heard about the "super user" problems there which until today are not cleared in a way we'd say: "wow, okay, you got your things straight".

Additionally, most of the times it does not make sense to have more than 1 skin per network. You play against the same players, and with working only with the best & most reliable partner, we have much more influence on his policits.

This of course especially counts for smaller networs, where more than 1 skin would be too much overhead work in terms of contracts, IT support etc..

Ongame is a kind of exception as it is a big network and it is possible to work with Bwin there, the operator of Ongame - which would mean that we get influence on software develeopment etc. there, as well.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Alright, fair enough. Thanks for the explanation. :)