[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 QJo

• zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      CO: $41.20
      Hero (BTN): $25.25
      SB: $48.63 = 35/30 over only 35 hands, 15% 3bet, seemed as ok-ish player who was on a card rush.
      BB: $12.75
      UTG: $26.02

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with J :club: Q :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, SB calls $0.52, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.49) 3 :club: J :diamond: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises to $2.75, Hero calls $1.75

Turn: ($6.99) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.99) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.25, Hero raises to $9.25, SB raises to $26.50, Hero...
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello zobupasts,

Not sure even how many 3x he has in his hand, though such a guy may still even Call with A3s vs your smaller raise there. With rather A3o of course he goes into 3betting mode instead.

Whilst he is representing a very narrow range here, not many QQ hands cause he would 3bet them preflop. JJ/22 and A3s and that's pretty much it. Nor it wouldn't make sense to turn many weaker hands into bluff on the river either whilst we have also shown strength and we don't really have there bluffing range (unless you tell me about your dynamics). I'd be rather willing to fold here instead whilst can't see many bluffs in his range nor I doubt that the guy would be raising pure Qx for value.

Best Regards.
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Quick question. Do you raise villain's river bet and to what size? Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by zobupasts
      Quick question. Do you raise villain's river bet and to what size? Thanks!
      Yeah, I'd still and raise the similar sizing to might get calls from Jx. Curious how did it end up, did you Call?
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Curious how did it end up, did you Call?
      Yes, I payed off to quads. I find it reeeally hard to make these kind of folds. Costly leak.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by zobupasts
      Originally posted by veriz
      Curious how did it end up, did you Call?
      Yes, I payed off to quads. I find it reeeally hard to make these kind of folds. Costly leak.
      Yeah, this happens time to time. It might be easier to fold off the session but not during the session. With time you will get better in that, like for example I am pretty sure you used to overplay in the beginning your overpair hands etc.