• 13 replies
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      ^this
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I think it would require ALOT of space with all thoese coaching sessions each week, however I agree it would be nice to be able to fetch a session you missed.
      Record them and let them be for a month or so is a good surgestion I guess? :)
      Don't know if it's to much to keep all the recordings, just think it sounds like ALOT of server space but i'm not that much into it :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I believe we've had this suggestion before but thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. It is always appreciated :)

I am sure our Education team will come comment very soon.

Have a great weekend,
      Gary
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I do and don't like this idea.

To me the point of the live sessions are to be able to watch a coach and ask questions/talk to coach as it happens. If you were to record these you lose that. And you'll end up with loads of liveplay videos - which we already have plenty of. So recording the live sessions/hand reviews doesn't really add anything new, just gives more of the same. Which is pointless imo.

However, I do like the idea of recording some sessions. I've only attended bierbaer and grummler coachings and about once a month they do a strategy discussion. This month bierbaer did a 3betting preflop one and haven't been able to attend grummler's ones because been moving house but he did a few recently on stealing, calling from blinds, and 3betting from blinds. These are the coachings I'd like to see recorded. Ok you still can't talk to the coach and ask questions but it does add something different then the usual liveplay/session review videos.

Pokerstrategy has been doing a good job of adding some much needed, imo, theory videos of late which are excellent (especially KTU's and Leatherass' last series, as well as internet's maths one) but they not accessible, and too advanced, for newer players. Being able to go to the video section and see strategy discussions like the ones I mentioned could really help a lot of people.

Just my $0.02
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

We are discussing this internally at the moment. Thanks so far for all of the suggestions so far and please keep them coming, Pleno1 or one of the other poker school guys will be here on Monday afternoon to give educations POV.

Thanks for caring and have a great Saturday
      Ingrid
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there,

My opinion is mostly pro recording live coachings, but it goes two ways, I think that along with the server space problems and "just like a video" problems, there are a couple more problems.

The problem that I see with recording the coachings is that the people won't prioritize coming to them anymore. They'll just "watch it later" (and never watch it in the end).

I know that's kind of mean to the people who can't attend/miss the coachings, but to be honest, they will forget about it soon enough, and if the coaching is really important to them, they will MAKE time for it. And if they would like to know more about a certain subject, they can also ask a question about it in the forums.

So if there would be recorded coachings at all, I would only choose the really special ones that would be able to actually provide more value if recorded than if not.

-SF
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      In terms of "consumption" I'm optimistic about coaching podcasts. If people find a Coach they like listening to, they'll watch and re-watch it the coachings which makes for good value all around.

There are some unique challenges though. Great videos are really just the combination of many great frames. Mistakes can be re-shot and edited. Live video means no retakes. You can't re-do real life. Vis-a-vis great live video means loads of preparation.
    • stampman024
      stampman024
      Bronze
      I have to say that I think normal coaching sessions should not be recorded as there are a lot of live play vids already. The sessions that cover a specific subject should be (such as datsmahname's BB & (soon to be shown)SB defence podcasts).
      @datsmahname-IMO the best coaching I have seen was the HUHU FL$1 between you and Byron Jacobs. Being able to see both players hole cards and hear their thoughts and reactions during live play probably taught me more than any video I have seen (great pity it was not recorded).
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Hey stamp, That coaching was good fun. Thanks for the props. It was really nice of byron to have me on to play. Heads up LHE is quite a game. In the future, if (perhaps when) we play again we'll make sure to record for you guys.

Also, you may have missed the SB open raising coaching. I don't know when that will be released, but it followed a similar style as the others you mentioned.
    • mkjmkjmkj
      mkjmkjmkj
      Bronze
      if server space is a problem couldnt the coachings be kept over a shorter amount of time so you could see the one you had missed
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Something like the bbc iplayer could maybe work?

If you miss your favourite TV show it is available to view online for the next 7 days maybe something like this could be possible keep the coachings for 3, 5 or 7 days then you can delete them or whatever from the servers (sorry im the furthest thing there is from a tech guy :D )

Is this kind of what you meant also mkjmkjmkj?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

We are currently discussing live coachings and from November we expect there to be some pretty nice changes, lets see how we can incorporate live coachings and we will speak internally and make an announcement/news with news regarding the live coachings.

Thanks all :f_love:
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      I think the best thing about recored live coaching would be that players that dont live in a good timezone to watch the coaching would get to see them, and if sever space is the problem why not just rehost the recoding of the coaching just once or twice in the same day.