BB: $907.88
      UTG: $794.70
      MP: $725.00
      CO: $623.10
      BTN: $1262.00
      Hero (SB): $600.00

Pre Flop: ($9.00) Hero is SB with J :spade: K :diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $18, BB calls $12

Flop: ($36.00) 9 :heart: J :heart: A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $27, BB calls $27

Turn: ($90.00) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $54, Hero raises to $171, BB raises to $862.88, Hero folds

Villain is 28/23/11.5, defends BB 32% vs steals.
      Folds 35% to cbets, 42% to turn barrels, 60% to river barrels, bets 56% vs missed cbets IP (which is kinda low, but there are many draws here and he has such a wide range).
      He wouldn't 3bet AJ pre.

I don't really have a check/calling range on those boards (with Ax I bet for protection).

My image was pretty aggressive.

My overall steal from SB is around 24%
  • 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      He probably never folds JX and you have the best kicker. He may not even fold a hand like TT or 9X and you still gain value from draws. I bet the Turn for value for sure. It's thin, you are probably have like 55% against his turn calling range but it's still better than checkraise by a lot (spewy). He could flat the raise with so much and then bluff so many rivers (unless you bluff yourself)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I really don't like the c/r here. Sometimes mp v sb or utg v button doing these kind of bluffs is cool, but in general BVB people just really don't believe you and whilst he may not have a strong range he has so many combos of gutshots/flush draws/ pair+draw and will v v v rarely fold as we rep so little.

Also I really think your line is indicative of a bluff, I think you have very few value combos so he's just going to eyeball you the majority of the time. Raising turns is really cool, but generally its when we are not the PFA
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      I think bluffing can be fine if you don't do it overly often, I just wouldn't choose KJo for it. You have few outs and not really any good blockers. With KJ it's probably better tot just keep on betting or just cf.
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Not sure why are u betting this on the flop. It would be much easier to just c/c flop IMO and then go from there.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Am i crazy for wanting to call the shove after we check raise?
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CallumN
      Am i crazy for wanting to call the shove after we check raise?
      I tank-folded, really wanted to call.
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey,

I really don't like the c/r here. Sometimes mp v sb or utg v button doing these kind of bluffs is cool, but in general BVB people just really don't believe you and whilst he may not have a strong range he has so many combos of gutshots/flush draws/ pair+draw and will v v v rarely fold as we rep so little.

Also I really think your line is indicative of a bluff, I think you have very few value combos so he's just going to eyeball you the majority of the time. Raising turns is really cool, but generally its when we are not the PFA
      What would be your line then?