[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #53 30.09.12

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from September 30th, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Sunday, October 7th at 1 PM GMT.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.76)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($1.96)
      UTG+1 ($6.93)
      UTG+2 ($17.05)
      MP1 ($14.16)
      MP2 ($5.38)
      Hero ($5.28)
      BTN ($4.82)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:diamond:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.15, MP1 calls $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.42) 8:diamond: 6:club: 6:diamond:

UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.42) 8:diamond: 6:club: 6:diamond: T:diamond:

UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets $1, Hero folds, UTG+2 folds

MP1 wins $1.36

V: 3/0 34H including this one
  • 3 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      If UTG isn't a nit, squezze is ok. I would use different sizing, something like $0.60.

I think UTG could have AJ+, pockets, broadways. MP1 could have pockets too and strong aces. I would cbet this board with intention to second barrel any :diamond: or overcard on turn to make pockets fold.

When hero checked the flop, giving up is fine. We can't call turn bet. We don't have odds and implieds too, because I expect villain to c/f anything expect Q :diamond: Qx.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I assume UTG+2 is playing 3/0

Squeze preflop is ok I think, maybe he will have AQ or JJ. JJ beats us, but maybe he will fold when he is tight or we hit an ace and go to the showdown. If we hit ace or K on flop we have to be carefull, because we don't know what he has in slowplay range, it is posible that he will slowplay AA.

But calling preflop would be better I think - to keep pot small and not so many hands will fold if any. But again we can not bet for value a lot once we hit, because we can just pay him off.

Folding preflop would not be the worst option also. Or maybe better - we will not get into tough spots and not pay him. If we later see that he is so tight - he will just loose money by folding preflop. If we see that stats get more loose then we can play more usual way.

On flop check is ok, we don' know what they have and could have AA the UTG+2 so not much FE.

On turn folding is also ok, we don't have much implied odds on this board.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I'd squeeze an extra BB to 60c

I think a lot of mid PP's are in their calling ranges, so I'd like to be able to check/fold it... but I'd probably fire two barrels, get called and hate life :f_p: