Two accounts-want to close one

• AwaysRemember
      AwaysRemember
      Bronze
      I have made account few years ago through pokerstrategy, but I haven't made a deposit and used it to play freerolls. Some time after that stars offered a promo with free sng tickets for new players so I created a second one which I have been using since. I have made several successful deposits and withdraws. Both accounts have same name,birth date and address. I want to clear my mess so I'm going to send my documents and ask stars to close one of them. I want to ask is it possible to track the second account here and if not do would they transfer my status,vpp,fpp to the original account ?
      P.S. do they lock them until everything is cleared ?
  • 17 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi AwaysRemember,

Contact PokerStars and tell them everything. Give them specific reasons and tell them the truth.

After this accept what punishments may come. All you can do is be truthful and see how it goes from there. As you know opening a secondary account is completely against their terms and conditions.

I wish you the best of luck and please update us on what happens next.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • AwaysRemember
      AwaysRemember
      Bronze
      Since I told them about the accounts they closed the one I was not using and I can keep playing there. Still waiting for answer if I can track the second account to ps.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      That's good news at least AwaysRemember, it could certainly have been worse if they got all uptight about it.

Nice one,

Mal.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      That's good news at least AwaysRemember, it could certainly have been worse if they got all uptight about it.

Nice one,

Mal.
      This! PokerStars are very strict so it's better to be honest in these situations as it will only stand in your favour :)

Let us know what happens next!

Gary
    • AwaysRemember
      AwaysRemember
      Bronze
      I am pleased to inform you that following the review of your
      account, I can confirm that your playing privileges at PokerStars
      (including affiliation with PokerStrategy) have been restored.

We appreciate your patience during this matter and wish you the
      best of
      luck at the tables!

Matthew
      PokerStars Marketing Security Team

Тhings turned out better than I expected. In the end it is better to tell the truth.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      great run sir :)

good luck in the games
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi AwaysRemember,

Well all's well that ends well eh? Good news, I'm happy ot worked out and yes, honesty does pay.

Very best regards,

Mal.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Very good news!

Honesty is always the best policy :)

Have a great weekend,
      Gary
    • winepress
      winepress
      Basic
      Hi, I have a question I wanted to ask without opening a new thread.
      You said PokerStars is strict on user accounts, would they punish me if I invite my brother who lives with me make his own PokerStars account and play?

I was wondering if it would be an issue since we would have the same ip address?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi winepress

It's not an issue providing you contact them, explain them the situation ( they might ask you for some identification proofs) and don't play at the same tables at the same time obviously (same large mtt is normally allowed afaik)

regards

Thazar
    • Metamorphis
      Metamorphis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AwaysRemember
      I got an additional question about this.. When I signed up for Pokerstars I didn't use any promotional code at all. I asked PokerStrategy if my playing on Pokerstars could still be tracked via Pokerstrategy and got a ''no''.

Since I can't open up a new account and have made some FPP's I don't want to ask them if I can create a second account and close the one I got now in order to be tracked to PokerStrategy...

Is there still a chance that I can be tracked here if I send them a mail regarding this since I didn't use a promotional code when I signed up? Or is it completely impossible for me to be tracked here via Pokerstars now?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by winepress
      You said PokerStars is strict on user accounts, would they punish me if I invite my brother who lives with me make his own PokerStars account and play?

I was wondering if it would be an issue since we would have the same ip address?
      No. You won't be able to play cash games or SNGs up to 45 man but MTTs okay.

I share a house with three guys and we can all play same MTTs and occasionally end up on the same tables together.
    • winepress
      winepress
      Basic
      Originally posted by Lazza61

I share a house with three guys and we can all play same MTTs and occasionally end up on the same tables together.
      Do you mean I can't play pokerstars for real money if my brother in the same household makes an account? is this what you mean by "cash games"?

we can only play MTT?

If thats the only option I guess he has to find another poker site
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61

Do you mean I can't play pokerstars for real money if my brother in the same household makes an account? is this what you mean by "cash games"?

we can only play MTT?

If thats the only option I guess he has to find another poker site
      Hi winepress,

You can play cash games - just as long as your are not at the SAME tables as your brother. If you play at the same table chances are you're both going to have your accounts closed.

As long as you stay away from each others tables all will be fine :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Metamorphis
      Originally posted by AwaysRemember
      I got an additional question about this.. When I signed up for Pokerstars I didn't use any promotional code at all. I asked PokerStrategy if my playing on Pokerstars could still be tracked via Pokerstrategy and got a ''no''.

Since I can't open up a new account and have made some FPP's I don't want to ask them if I can create a second account and close the one I got now in order to be tracked to PokerStrategy...

Is there still a chance that I can be tracked here if I send them a mail regarding this since I didn't use a promotional code when I signed up? Or is it completely impossible for me to be tracked here via Pokerstars now?
      Hi Metamorphis,

The only advice I can give is to contact them and see. Chances are slim but obviously it is worth a shot ;)

Whatever you do, do not open up a second account. This is a bad idea and could lead to a permanent ban from their site.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • winepress
      winepress
      Basic
      Thanks for all the help HollyMichelle and Lazza61 , appreciated.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      No worries winepress :)

Have a great weekend and don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions :)