[NL2-NL10] Tough decision on the turn vs maniac

• Warrior21
      Warrior21
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Villain is a 53/35 maniac in 50 hands with a very high AF.

Anyway, decided to call him from the BTN with J9s, a hand that i think most of the time is easy to play post flop.
      On the flop i decide to bet for value after he checks and i think i have to call his small c/r. On the turn he puts me to the test:)

BB: $2.63
      UTG: $1.77
      CO: $1.26
      Hero (BTN): $2.45
      SB: $4.71

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:spade: 9:spade:

UTG raises to $0.04, fold, Hero calls $0.04, SB calls $0.03, fold

Flop: ($0.14, 3 players) J:heart: 2:club: 2:diamond:
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.07, fold, UTG raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.46, 2 players) 8:spade:
      UTG bets $1.57 and is all-in, Hero ?
  • 2 replies
    • Vtec9k
      Vtec9k
      Bronze
      Personally I don't mind letting these types of guys bluff me off small pots. He could have A2 as easily as he could have pocket 8s or maybe T8s.

Someone will stack them sooner or later. Might not be you this time but your time will come :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Warrior21,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Just seeing his VPIP/PFR I can't predict anything about him. So far he is rather unknown, so I'd be rather planning to fold it instead of calling. Calling when I really have also reads on him that he is capable of bluffing like that in a multiway pot.

Best Regards.