This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] ZOOM 25FR AKo in SB

• Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Pre I want to hide my hand strength.

On the flop it looks great, I go for the check raise but interestingly the bb donks out. At this point I put him on 88/T9/AQ/AJ/AT/A9/A8. I beat more than half of that range but co calls and I want to see what the turn brings before it starts getting crazy.

Turn is a blank and BB continues. CO folds and here I decide between a raise and a flat. I try and decide if I'd get 1 pairs to call and I decide that if I raise here he'll probubly fold all of his 1 pair hands.

River basically makes me a winner against all of his percieved range except 88. When he bets out so big I decide i have to just call. With that bet sizing I dont think T9/A9/AT are in his range anymore.

When he shows with a set of jacks I'm a bit surprised. He had a 20% PFR, but I didn't have a good sample to find out a more realistic 3 bet. Anyways I am "satisfied" with this hand but am still a bit confused overall if I could have done something a different way.

There is very few situations I see myself getting away from this with an over caller. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $11.43
      SB (Hero):
      $72.47
      BB:
      $43.75
      UTG2:
      $12.18
      MP1:
      $41.34
      MP2:
      $18.74
      MP3:
      $33.44
      CO:
      $27.55

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.60, BU folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.8) A, 8, J (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.18, CO calls $1.18, Hero calls $1.18.

Turn: ($5.34) 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3.51, CO folds, Hero calls $3.51.

River: ($12.36) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $8.14, Hero calls $8.14.

Final Pot: $28.64.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(A K).
      BB shows three of a kind, jacks(J J).

BB wins with three of a kind, jacks(J J).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Verre,

Preflop: You not really hiding your hand strength this way. :P Rather say that you don't want to 3bet/Broke. Though I would rather prefer 3betting instead unless I am somehow trapping the BB.

As played
      Postflop: If you raising the turn then you are turning your hand into bluff. :) So you can't really raise there, even calling is sometimes close whilst you are 3way, though as one guy folds should be fine.

Best Regards.