[NL2-NL10] 2NL AQo

• PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Villain is 60/14/52 for just 35 hands...

PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $1.43
      UTG+1: $3.58
      MP: $4.48
      MP+1: $0.84
      CO: $2.95
      Hero (BTN): $2.62
      SB: $1.95
      BB: $1.61

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17, 2 players) J:spade: 9:heart: J:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.41, 2 players) 5:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.41, 2 players) 6:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

I c-bet the flop since he showed weakness with the check and there is a likely chance his hand is weaker, but that he'll call. I want to bet for value and protection. After he calls I feel I must re-evaluate what he is holding. His stats show him with a very loose range, and though he bets a bit, it is still a small part of his range.

I think he could be holding a pocket pair or have hit and is playing weakly. I started to believe that only stronger hands would call another bet and that I would be inflating the pot by betting the turn. Perhaps I should have gone with my flop read that he could be calling with any two, thus have bet again for value and protection. But still, A high is not a hand to make a big pot with.

My reasoning was the same on the river, that only a stronger hand is likely to call and if he does have me beat I don't need to waste money.
  • 4 replies
    • Thorek
      Thorek
      Bronze
      U should check villain's "fold to cbet" - i guess it's low so i see check back flop.
    • Dandiiik
      Dandiiik
      Bronze
      Your thoughts on T and R were correct but you should have started with them on F. According to his stats I would expect him to have very little Fcbet. And your cbet is probably not for protection because you have nothing to protect. It might be for value if he was able to call with air. But still against such an agrofish I would just play fit or fold. If you dont hit and the board is ugly like this and your opponent is like this one, then just stop investing your money. Return on investment is very low here :D
    • jiffybag
      jiffybag
      Bronze
      Against this dude I will just check flop, he is not folding a 9 or str8 draw flush draw or any other small pp or broadway that he may have called with pre, check it down.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PhoenixPhreak,

I like you play here as long you are going to get fold equity there + also receive a free card for the river. Well played!

Best Regards.