[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL4 ATs 29-09-12

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG+2): $4 (100 bb)
      MP1: $2.66 (66.5 bb)
      MP2: $5.80 (145 bb)
      MP3: $1 (25 bb)
      CO: $2.34 (58.5 bb)
      BTN: $2.37 (59.3 bb)
      SB: $1.89 (47.3 bb)
      BB: $5 (125 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A T
      Hero raises to $0.16, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.16, 5 folds

Flop: ($0.38) 7 2 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, MP2 calls $0.28

Turn: ($0.94) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks

River: ($0.94) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks

Hehe when I see this I think wtf was I doing here, way to loose opening from UTG with my skill level :)
      However I did it as the table was really really tight, and I thought there was enough fold equity, but I guess when playing against these guys there is also alot tougher range to beat when they decide to play against me.
      Next time fold preflop.

Villain: (he was the second loosest guy on the table)
  • 4 replies
    • Thorek
      Thorek
      Bronze
      This flop is not good for cbet.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Resilence,

Preflop: Fold preflop if you think that your skill level isnt high enough

As played:
      Well, whats the purpose of the Cbet?Do you expect to get called by weaker? Or do you think that you can make better hands to fold?
      The biggest problem is that if you even Cbet, 1 Bet is rarely gonna be enough to get rid of his PP. So if you Cbet you have to plan to at least 2nd barrel(of course the 8 is not the best card in the deck) but no need to take such a line on this limits.

Best regards,
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I belive I did it for fold equity, I was preflop raiser UTG, this player indicated some skill, I thought he would fold to me unless he hit the board, instead of continuing.

I guess most pp would continue this board as well, and I'm beat by most, I might be able to get him to fold, making him belive I'm on the draw tho, so I should second barel this board, if I decide to bet the flop, then maybe he would fold.

Must wait for better spots :)
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Resilence
      I belive I did it for fold equity, I was preflop raiser UTG, this player indicated some skill, I thought he would fold to me unless he hit the board, instead of continuing.

I guess most pp would continue this board as well, and I'm beat by most, I might be able to get him to fold, making him belive I'm on the draw tho, so I should second barel this board, if I decide to bet the flop, then maybe he would fold.

Must wait for better spots :)
      Yeah, rather wait for better spots, especially on this limits. Of course you can run a 3barrel bluff anytime but dont be surprised if even when the FD completes you still end up on showdown against 22 :D

Btw. Fold equity is an effect that comes from betting. So even when you bet for value you create fold equity. So when you Cbet rather ask yourself what is the purpose of my bet: get called by weaker or fold better