MP checks, Hero bets $2.25, MP calls $2.25

Turn: ($8.25) T (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $5.50, MP calls $5.50

River: ($19.25) J (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $19.25 pot ($0.96 rake)
      Final Board: Q 2 9 T J
      MP showed K T and won $18.29 ($9.04 net)
      Hero mucked J A and lost (-$9.25 net)

Anon table.

Opponent is unknown. Pre call? Or just fold?
      Turn stab? After ch/calling flop, he will rarely have flushdraw (or any kind of draw actually), so this could be a scarecard for him with something like 77...
  • 10 replies
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      prefer 3bet-fold pf
      could get in trouble while hit a hand and the opponent trible barrels
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Preflop: Vs unknown MP might be not the best idea to flat here whilst we don't know even what range he opens.

As played
      Postflop: What's the reason for betting the flop? Do you think you are making better hands to fold? Rather Check behind the flop and reevaluate the turn. But otherwise not much to comment. Though I wouldn't expect to have much fold equity on the turn whilst the T might have helped him somewhat as which could be something like T9 or whatsoever even a GS which hit.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Preflop: Vs unknown MP might be not the best idea to flat here whilst we don't know even what range he opens.

As played
      Postflop: What's the reason for betting the flop? Do you think you are making better hands to fold? Rather Check behind the flop and reevaluate the turn. But otherwise not much to comment. Though I wouldn't expect to have much fold equity on the turn whilst the T might have helped him somewhat as which could be something like T9 or whatsoever even a GS which hit.

Best Regards.
      Yes I think we make better hands to fold like small PP's. Plus we get ourselves a free turn/river :)

And some worse hands can call like he did in this hand.

I agree about checking turn though :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Hello pcfmcc02,

As played

Best Regards.
      Yes I think we make better hands to fold like small PP's. Plus we get ourselves a free turn/river :)

Well, against PPs you have decent equity and you can still show up aggression later on. Towards very small PPs only fold, whilst something like 77 would still most likely Check/Call it once.

So PPs like 33-55/66, at the best? But how big part of his range continues? :P
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello pcfmcc02,

As played

Best Regards.

Well, against PPs you have decent equity and you can still show up aggression later on. Towards very small PPs only fold, whilst something like 77 would still most likely Check/Call it once.

Well those PP's are indeed not a big part of his whole range but they are already a decent part of his checking range. I also don't believe 77 check/call here. If he does we still have position and we aren't in that bad of shape.

+ sometimes worse hands call as I said

Can't I change your mind? :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

As played

Best Regards.

Well those PP's are indeed not a big part of his whole range but they are already a decent part of his checking range. I also don't believe 77 check/call here. If he does we still have position and we aren't in that bad of shape.

Well, you even say yourself that PPs ain't his big part of the range. So what better hands you making to fold then. You are talking against yourself mate. :D
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello pcfmcc02,

As played

Best Regards.

Well, you even say yourself that PPs ain't his big part of the range. So what better hands you making to fold then. You are talking against yourself mate. :D
      Then you didn't understand me clearly.

PP's is indeed not a big part of his range
      BUT
      relatively it's already a decent/big part of his checking range.

+ (I say it for the third time now :P )
      We have position (free turn and river)

+
      Sometimes he calls worse.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      And I am telling you for the last time that this board is rather bad to do that. Cause I expect him very often to turn those hands into bluff-catcher as mid-pairs/PPs/Qx hands which are weak. :D

If the board would be something like Q52ss then it's way different whilst he wouldn't turn that many hands into bluff and we could easily even double-barrel a lot turns.

Just that he comes up with worse hand doesn't mean that he is really coming up with it always, you are being too much result oriented. Clearly most of the time people CB draws. ;)

And you clearly don't get the turn for free, you betting. If you Check then it's a free turn. You are getting river for free if you Check the turn.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Thanks for the more detailed analysis veriz!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Thanks for the more detailed analysis veriz!
      You are welcome. But in most cases I would of course Bet there, just I'd pick rather such a board which also doesn't hit his Check/Call induce range, as broadway board.