[NL2-NL10] 2NL with QQ against a very aggro opponent

• Warrior21
      Warrior21
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

In this hand villain is a 18/14/5 with AF of 7 !
      Considering i was playing tight 16/16 at this table his preflop calling range should be something like 22-JJ, AQ, ATs+ maybe AJo.
      The flop looks dangerous but if u think about his range its not easy to hit it hard. Anyways, he makes a very big raise and i go to the tank. I dont think he would raise so big with a set for some reason in a rainbow board but of course possible. I def think he is capable of turning a PP ( mos prob 88 and TT) into a bluff in a scary flop and he could also do it with 2 overcards maybe. To be honest he could have slowplayed AA or KK preflop. Anyways, i decide to call cause i think i beat a good part of his range and evaluate the turn. On the turn i am not folding ever of course. What do u guys think of my flop play:)

BB: $2.14
      Hero (UTG): $2.81
      CO: $2.00
      BTN: $2.70
      SB: $2.52

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.06, CO calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.21, 3 players) 7:heart: 9:spade: J:club:
      Hero bets $0.10, CO raises to $0.50, fold, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.21, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.17, Hero raises to $2.25 and is all-in, CO calls $0.27 and is all-in
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Warrior21,

Preflop: Raise 4bb as default.
      Postflop: Bet the flop bigger and Bet/Fold it. There are too many hands what have you beat or at least have great equity vs you. Doesn't really make sense to Bet/Call there whilst you just giving him the opportunity to Check behind the turn.

Best Regards.
    • Warrior21
      Warrior21
      Bronze
      Yep thnx what u advised seems sound indeed.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      veriz, given that he is very aggressive, isn't the following range a reasonable range he might c/r this flop with : ?

JJ,99,77,AJs,KJs,QTs,J9s,AJo,KJo

against that range on the flop we have 59.5%
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by bmfbpi
      veriz, given that he is very aggressive, isn't the following range a reasonable range he might c/r this flop with : ?

JJ,99,77,AJs,KJs,QTs,J9s,AJo,KJo

against that range on the flop we have 59.5%
      First of all he isn't Check/Raising but he is just raising. And you are being too optimistic with his range by putting all kind of Jx hands into his range which most likely wont be the case whilst we are in multiway pot. We will very often face a stronger hand here rather than a TP hand. Plus his raise is rather stronger side = pot size.