Heads Up Play

• 11 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Is it even possible to have heads-up articles? It's 100% dependant on the other player, so there aren't many general guidelines that can be established, imho
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Is it even possible to have heads-up articles? It's 100% dependant on the other player, so there aren't many general guidelines that can be established, imho

There are guidelines for every form of poker, like NL FR is also dependent on players, but still there are SHC and guidelines to follow.

Something like being agressive and stealing a lot BB when you are in SB against a tight player, tightening up a little against super agro player, and many more things.

Tips on identifying your opponent's style....
    • Dyange
      Dyange
      Bronze
      Anything would help me, I just don't have a clue and tend to follow push/fold charts, is that anygood?
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      We strongly suggest that you should not play heads-up before reaching a certain level, due to the strong meta-game that needs a lot of pracitcal experience.

But to give a choice, we will of course in the future have some kind of basic heads-up content, as well - it might just take some time :)
    • gudalemandele
      gudalemandele
      Bronze
      Hey there,

I would very much like to see some HU-videos. I play SnG HU's, and I'm doing alright. But I haven't seen any videos of other playing HU's, so I don't really know what the average player thinks, when I make certain moves. And some new plays would also be great to learn.

So this is a request to the video-producers: Gimme ze HU moviee!!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Do you think rake is to high to solely concentrate on making money from HU?
    • gudalemandele
      gudalemandele
      Bronze
      Hey Justkyle88,

Not at all.

I currently play nothing, but SnG HU's. When(/if) I reach $1000, I'll begin playing cashgame HU's.

Regards, Simon
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      You would have to win the majority of them to beat the rake in the longrun
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Yeah that's the idea pokerQT, have an edge on your opponent to win in the long run...a bit like in a ring game or any form of poker. The players in hu sngs are the same if not worse as the ones in the equivalent STT
    • mishh06
      mishh06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gudalemandele
      Hey Justkyle88,

Not at all.

I currently play nothing, but SnG HU's. When(/if) I reach $1000, I'll begin playing cashgame HU's.

Regards, Simon
      I'm not sure what site you play on, but HU cash is a lot different to hu sng's.. and i think the smallest hu cash tables i've seen have been NL50 so you would be pretty badly underrolled to play. I probably wouldn't advice jumping into 50nl HU until you have at least a 2k roll.
    • gudalemandele
      gudalemandele
      Bronze
      Hi mishh06,

Yea, you're probably right. I hadn't checked what the cheapest HU-tables were.

Regards, Simon