Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $1.28 - VPIP: 65, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 1.4, Hands: 31
      Hero (UTG): $3.13 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 17, 3B: 5, AF: 2.2, Hands: 25612
      CO: $2.94 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 2, 3B: 0, AF: 1.2, Hands: 55
      BTN: $1.39 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 1.3, Hands: 31
      SB: $1.91 - VPIP: 32, PFR: 19, 3B: 14, AF: 5.5, Hands: 31

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with K :diamond: A :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.24, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.50) 5 :club: 6 :heart: 6 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.10) 8 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.37, Hero folds

Against 2ndbarrel push I'm behind I guess. On the flop he could have AQ/AK/KQ.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Preflop: What's the reason in first place calling vs his 3bet whilst you have little sample?

As played
      Postflop: What's the reason for calling the flop, do you really think he is just going to Check/Fold like that on the turn or what was the turn plan of yours?

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Preflop: What's the reason in first place calling vs his 3bet whilst you have little sample?

As played
      Postflop: What's the reason for calling the flop, do you really think he is just going to Check/Fold like that on the turn or what was the turn plan of yours?

Best Regards.
      Preflop go broke is better, becaue then we have the initiative?

Postflop: well, I'd take a stab at the flop with AQ, and give up turn, so I expected the same :s_confused:
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I tend to call AKs against people that I know 3-bet from the blinds with broadways, AXs and 99+. There is often more value in calling down against a weaker ace than there is in 4-betting. It's a tricky line to play right, though.

Usually, I disagree with going broke against a full stack here, especially since he is 3-betting an UTG raise. Looking at some factors, however, I think this is an exception. Two reasons:

1) In general, 3x or less 3-bets OOP indicate weakness more so than strength (not the best indicator, don't rely on it too much on its own!). Most good players do around 3.5x or more to account for playing out of position.

2) He seems to be rather laggy in general and seems to be 3-betting more often than not. While your sample size isn't huge, this probably means his 3-betting range is way bigger than QQ+/AK.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

As played

Best Regards.
      Preflop go broke is better, becaue then we have the initiative?

Postflop: well, I'd take a stab at the flop with AQ, and give up turn, so I expected the same :s_confused:
      It's not about going broke but you must realize what's the point of calling. Not just that AKs looks good to play. :D If we assume that he isn't 3betting very wide then we practically just can't Call there to hit our overcards, we wont get paid often enough and might also face vs KK/AA.

His Bet doesn't look as very weak Bet size either, so we can't be sure if he even goes into Check/Fold mode on the turn and nor we don't have specific plan there. For example what's your plan if he Checks into you?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      You're right Veriz, I have to plan my hand.

4betting and getting it in would prevent me from making postflop mistakes, so that's the right thing to do :D

Maybe later calling is going to be +ev, but not now.
      This whole hand is a paradox for me. If I call, only dominated hands are going to pay me up, or I'm going to pay AA/KK if we both hit. But it's very unlikely btw.
      If I 4bet, the weaker hands are going to fold.

All in all, If I 4bet, the weaker hands are going to fold, but If I call, they wont pay me up often enough on a A-high board...
      When they are equally good, then I should just take the initiative and 4bet I guess.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      You're right Veriz, I have to plan my hand.

4betting and getting it in would prevent me from making postflop mistakes, so that's the right thing to do :D

Maybe later calling is going to be +ev, but not now.
      This whole hand is a paradox for me. If I call, only dominated hands are going to pay me up, or I'm going to pay AA/KK if we both hit. But it's very unlikely btw.
      If I 4bet, the weaker hands are going to fold.

All in all, If I 4bet, the weaker hands are going to fold, but If I call, they wont pay me up often enough on a A-high board...
      When they are equally good, then I should just take the initiative and 4bet I guess.
      Why it's very unlikely? It's still possible. :P