German Forum

• TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Hi there, I was just looking at the top100 promotion with dunebuggy at no1, then I searched his name on the german forum and I saw a sample hand and even black members and stuff reply and there are tons of diamonds everywhere, and theres like 12 different subforums in the NL sample hands for each limit!!

How did the german forum become so awesome? How can we get the english forum up to this standard?

(Don't even get me started on the ps.de strategy section @_@)

edit: i just had a look at the video section on ps.de ..dear...GOD! I wish so badly that I spoke german.
  • 13 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Germany is populated by nerds and geeks, thus the poker scene is rather big there

*ducks for cover*
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      It's alot older than the English one. First postings probably end of 2005 I think. Korn was the first one to play as high as 2/4 and taking shots on 3/6 (!!) :D
    • hooni
      hooni
      Bronze
      when http://www.pokerstrategy.cc started, it was a german-only page/forum, then they expanded, added some other languaged forums and translated the page to other languages
    • DerDicke82
      DerDicke82
      Bronze
      It is up to you/ maybe us to change this situation!

I am from Germany so it is easy to use the Germansite of Pokerstrategy but now I am living in NZ and tought about to become a part of the english PS forum. But I think here are only few people who are interested in more contend or videos!

otherwise we are free to use the Videoforum to post our own Videos

Stefan

PS: Sorry for my english, it is not so good at the moment :-)

Edit: And Terror I see you are Coach, so it is your job to give us some content :-)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      That's the bad part about speaking english as a native language, you suck at other languages :D

But I agree with swiss, there's no need to duck for cover as it's just the truth.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I'm trying to infiltrate into German forum too... I speak little German but I'd like to learn more.
    • DerDicke82
      DerDicke82
      Bronze
      hmm,

i am sure that there should come a translation for all videos and articles they are looking for people who wants to translate the content!

Germany is populated by nerds and geeks??? hehe maybe but so we are never alone :-P

and we have the biggest pokercontent :-P

Stefan
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      If you look at CS, WoW for example, it's full of german nerds :P

Translating is a lot of work, it's not like gogo gadget translator and everything is done. I believe most articles are getting translated already.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      It pays very well though, so if there are any good English writers who can at least understand German well, there's tons of interesting articles that could be translated :P
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello :)

Yes the German forum is far larger than the English one - mostly due to being much older and therefore also much larger. The goal is of course to one day achieve not only the level of content available in German (e.g. videos, articles, etc) but also the community size. We are already on the best way of achieving the first of the two - the second requires time and activity from you guys :)
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Yes, yes, I'm working on it already, geez! Greedy bunch of... :baby:
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      When PokerstrategyEN was new and PS was looking for translators, i offered to do some translationwork, back then the request was mainly for translating english books into german. Other way around wouldn't be a problem either.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      No need. Go away! Shoo!! Mine!!! My preciousssssssss.... :baby: