This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Zoom 10 - JJ vs. OOP 3-bet

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $3.85
      SB: $5.00
      BB: $12.66
      UTG: $20.62
      MP: $9.37
      Hero (CO): $15.58

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.45, 2 players) 5:heart: J:club: 2:club:
      BB bets $1.50, Hero ?

PF: Maybe a bit stupid but I had one hand on this guy and he'd 3-bet it so I'm guessing its more likely he 3-bets a wide range here (especially with the large bet sizing) but I guess this is to be taken with a pinch of salt. I call planning to raise him off most of his range on the flop. Maybe a 4-bet / fold would work better since I can get him to maybe even fold QQ and AK and a lot his range which might have decent equity against me.

F: Now I'm hoping he doesn't raise a wide range and has an overpair, should I raise him here or let him fire barrels with air and maybe re-raise him all in on the turn so he is more likely to commit?

Edit: After some careful reflection, I think I should have just folded as it's always going to be tricky postflop and calling will probably be a leak long term.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Raknyo,

Call and keep his weaker hands in the play and let him barrel. :) He might fold QQ or something similar if you raise + you don't need to protect most likely your hand.

Best Regards.