MP: $2.16
      MP+1: $2.19
      CO: $1.62
      BTN: $0.76
      Hero (SB): $2.00
      BB: $6.11

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has J:spade: K:heart:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, UTG calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.22, 2 players) 9:heart: A:spade: K:club:
      Hero bets $0.15, UTG calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.52, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero???

Hello, not really sure where to go with the turn. I'm thinking check/fold here. He is calling with worse hands but could easily have an A or 9 as his range is very wide so is there a point to cbet the turn or should I have even not cbet the flop?

Thank you
  • 2 replies
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Hi seanspurs87

Preflop: I think its fine to ISO vs such a player

Flop: OOP vs such a passive player I think you have two options, b/f or c/f. If we check we must play c/f IMO since we can rarely bluff induce vs such passive players. If we b/f I think such a player is capable of calling weaker pairs and gutshots IP so it should be fine to b/f F. This can only be a value bet IMO since I would not expect any better hands to fold.

Turn: on most other T's I would probably continue to b/f for the same reasoning as on the flop unless it is a K or J. However, on a 9 turn we basically enter a no kicker situation. Any weaker KX now chops with us. I think you could argue for betting the turn again for thin value against weaker PP's and gutshots and maybe for val/prot vs FD's (although less likely since it would have to come runner runner) but I think we are more likely to just turn our hand into a bluff.

I would be inclined to c/f T unless villain bets super small and re-evaluate R. I would maybe blockbet 1/3 R for thin value if we get a free card and don't improve to 2pr+.

I look forward to Veriz's evaluation.

Cheers
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi seanspurs87,

I pretty much agree with muel294 here.

Against very loose passive player we can go for thin value on 2 streets but bet small between 40-50% pot as we want him to call with any kind of pair and gutshot. River against this player would be a c/fold unimproved.

Best regards.