This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QTo vs BB Tight Passive

• anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      Known Players:
      MP3: $1.73 - 87 bb
      CO: $2.19 - 110 bb
      BU: $2.96 - 148 bb
      SB: $2.01 - 101 bb
      BB: $1.48 - 74 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (5 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.50906.2

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , T:spade:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), BB posts big blind ($0.02), 2 folds, Hero raises for $0.06, SB folds, BB calls

Flop: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) Q:spade: , Q:club: , 5:club: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) 2:diamond: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB calls

River: ($0.33 - 16.50 bb) 9:spade: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB raises for $0.40, Hero ???

[PreFlop] I intended to open to Steal with QTo as BU and the BB called, he's a quite passive tight player often slowplay monsters. The bet size was quite small but I chose that because of the balance in my game (I also raised with 3BB with Aces, or Kings)

[Flop] Flopped with a trip but I decided to pot control and deceive my hand with check back, because my hand can dominated with QJ or KQ in my opponent's range.

[Turn] The board wasn't scared too much, so I decide to take action, and re-evaluate my opponent range with his cold call here. I thought his range could more weighted on PPs than Qx hands which could also dominated my hand.

[River] I took another barrel with two-thirds pot size bet to force my opponent to Fold worse hands and win the pot, but he surprised me with a min Raise. What could I have done better?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello anhvusa,

Bet the flop, Bet the turn -> you need to protect! Otherwise for the given odds I don't see myself folding but I don't expect to be ahead there that often either.

Best Regards.
    • anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      Hi coach :)

Thanks for spending your time to evaluate my hand.

Actually, because of some hands he played previously before my hands, I realized that he quite often slowplay and rarely take any actions with his monsters, so his style was quite Tight and very passive. Addtionally, before taking action on River, I reassessed his action on PreFlop, and I would rather narrow him on range of PPs like 22, 55, or even 99 than Qx which we can beat him. I think it could be a crying Call and hoping we win because of the giving odds here just like you said. :D

Best regards,

anhvusa