MP3: $1.73 - 87 bb
      CO: $2.19 - 110 bb
      BU: $2.96 - 148 bb
      SB: $2.01 - 101 bb
      BB: $1.48 - 74 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (5 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.50906.2

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , T:spade:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), BB posts big blind ($0.02), 2 folds, Hero raises for $0.06, SB folds, BB calls

Flop: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) Q:spade: , Q:club: , 5:club: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) 2:diamond: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB calls

River: ($0.33 - 16.50 bb) 9:spade: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB raises for $0.40, Hero ???

[PreFlop] I intended to open to Steal with QTo as BU and the BB called, he's a quite passive tight player often slowplay monsters. The bet size was quite small but I chose that because of the balance in my game (I also raised with 3BB with Aces, or Kings)

[Flop] Flopped with a trip but I decided to pot control and deceive my hand with check back, because my hand can dominated with QJ or KQ in my opponent's range.

[Turn] The board wasn't scared too much, so I decide to take action, and re-evaluate my opponent range with his cold call here. I thought his range could more weighted on PPs than Qx hands which could also dominated my hand.

[River] I took another barrel with two-thirds pot size bet to force my opponent to Fold worse hands and win the pot, but he surprised me with a min Raise. What could I have done better?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello anhvusa,

Bet the flop, Bet the turn -> you need to protect! Otherwise for the given odds I don't see myself folding but I don't expect to be ahead there that often either.

Best Regards.
    • anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      Hi coach :)

Thanks for spending your time to evaluate my hand.

Actually, because of some hands he played previously before my hands, I realized that he quite often slowplay and rarely take any actions with his monsters, so his style was quite Tight and very passive. Addtionally, before taking action on River, I reassessed his action on PreFlop, and I would rather narrow him on range of PPs like 22, 55, or even 99 than Qx which we can beat him. I think it could be a crying Call and hoping we win because of the giving odds here just like you said. :D

Best regards,

anhvusa