This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] ATs with 2nd pair and Nut Flush on Flop

• anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      Known Players:
      MP2: $3.99 - 200 bb
      MP3: $2.08 - 104 bb
      CO: $0.72 - 36 bb
      BU: $1.95 - 98 bb
      SB: $1.84 - 92 bb
      BB: $1.77 - 89 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.50906.2

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , T:heart:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), BB posts big blind ($0.02), MP2 raises for $0.06, Hero calls, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.15 - 7.50 bb) Q:heart: , T:spade: , 8:heart: (2 Players)
      MP2 bets $0.11, Hero raises for $0.32, MP2 calls

Turn: ($0.79 - 39.50 bb) T:club: (2 Players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.79 - 39.50 bb) 9:diamond: (2 Players)
      MP2 checks, Hero ???

[PreFlop]I decided to flat call here with ATs, because there are another two TAGs behinds me and wait for their action. Should a 3bet have been better here?

[Flop] The MP2 Cbet, but with 2nd pair of Tens and nut flush draw, I wanted to put more money in the pot as much as possible, so a Raise should be more reasonable here. Addtionally, I assumed my opponent's range could include JJ+, KQs, AQ, AK or 88 flopped with a set.

[Turn] A trip for me, but could be a fullhouse for my opponent. It's better off checking behind than putting any bet here.

[River] My hand could be beaten by many hands of his range, should I have checked behind to minimize losses or just to put a small bet to make him call with worse hand like KQ, AQ?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello anhvusa,

Why ain't ya betting the turn? :D Easy value-bet there, no way I am Checking behind, you leaving a lot money on the table by doing this. Otherwise Check behind the river while now Jx has you beat.

Best Regards.
    • anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      Hi veriz, long time no see :)

Thank you for your evaluation of my hand. I've been away from table for quite long time, so it's quite hard to start again with enough confidence. Maybe I was playing with cautious recently instead of playing as a TAG :f_cry: I think I should go back to School to re-educate myself :D

Anyway thanks and best regards,

anhvusa