Hero (BB): $10.00
      UTG: $20.05
      MP: $6.89
      CO: $10.15

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T:club: Q:club:

fold, MP raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95, 3 players) 3:spade: T:spade: 9:heart:
      Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets $0.63, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, CO calls $0.87

Turn: ($3.95, 2 players) 2:club:
      [color=red]Hero ?

PF: I think it's EV to call here as long as I don't get too attached to top pair type hands as I can be dominated a lot, I don't have information that MP is loose so I don't opt for a squeeze.

F: I think CO bets nearly 100% of range here, he most likely has a pocket pair or air that he wants to win with directly, or maybe some over cards or possible gutshot or draw that he will peel one off with.

He seems tight but limited hand sample can't really rely on, but I raise in order to protect my hand against a lot of the draws in his range and also to get the weaker hands (and possibly ATs or KTs, is this unrealistic) to fold.

He calls so I doubt he is super strong as he'd protect himself with a 3-bet on the flop.

T: Think I can make a bit bet so he basically folds a ton of his range which have some equity against me and for which I don't want to see the next card. Maybe should make it a little bigger, 2.50 maybe?

• 1 reply
    • HansTheGreat
      Hey Raknyo,

The problem when you raising such a multiway pot is that you are overplaying your hand and rather turn it into bluff. Of course you can raise for thin value against his draws but you also kinda isolating yourself against stronger hands. Just C and reevalute turn.

As played:
      Since you went for a raise you can either X/F or bet(2,50$) since your reason for that action was to get paid by his draws. So another value bet then.

Best regards,