This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 OOP AJo!

• AA91EST
      AA91EST
      Bronze
      I don't use any program.
      MP2 was fishy player. Who limps and called all raises after limps.
      Villain is short stack 2$ so is it good to isolate fish?

At table there was much fishy players vs who i wanted to play and i had a LAG image.
      I isolate fish OOP because he would call me with Ax , some KJ, QJ, TJ, hands and if he hit, he will go broke.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $1.95
      MP3:
      $2.10
      CO:
      $6.90
      BU:
      $1.84
      SB:
      $2.95
      BB (Hero):
      $5.75

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J.
      MP2 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, MP2 calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.62) 2, 3, K (2 players)
      Hero ?????????

I assume Villain got pretty wide range( SC, PP, Broadway, Ax,) here and it is good board to Cbet , but villain is short stack and he can even float here and if he does and i don't improve on turn i almost have to give up because he is pot commited.

What is the best line here?
  • 1 reply
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey AA91EST,

No need to make it that big of a iso raise if you plan to Cbet against such a stack especially OOP. If you plan to play fit or fold that it is doable I guess but is it gonna really be the best play?
      As played:
      I think a Cbet like 0,3$ to get value from his draws and A highs seems reasonable and I would go for it. On the other hand I would X/F if fish is aggro.

Best regards,