[NL2-NL10] Nl5 55 Oop!

• AA91EST
      AA91EST
      Bronze
      No stats, no information.

Preflop i called for set value or make moves if comes good flops and if bad flops check/fold.

On flop it's good for him to Cbet and good flop for me to make move. I made move because i assume his range is 22+, any broadway, SC, suited cappers, Ax and board is so dry i thinked this is good way to take it down.

Flop call shows to me a lot of weakness. I check because i assume i'm still head of his flop calling range and wanted to pot control.
      Turn bet i assume hes range is still pretty wide and maybe he got some flush draws or straight draw, still overcards his range.I think he would go AI on flop with 22, 44, 77+. And consider now i can't call because i'm facing hard desicion on river and i would be pot commited so i desided to show allinn and take it down. What you think of this play?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB (Hero):
      $6.22
      CO:
      $5.18
      BU:
      $12.06

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 5.
      CO folds, BU raises to $0.15, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) 7, 4, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.23, Hero raises to $0.75, BU calls $0.52.

Turn: ($1.82) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.20, [COLOR=red]Hero raises to $5.32(All-In)
  • 1 reply
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey AA91EST,

Well since you said he is an unknown I dont like it. For such a play of yours you need more infos why you are gonna take it. Personally from my experience when I grinded this limits I didnt get the feeling that people barrel alot with bluffs and recognize scare cards. So just call flop and reevalute further actions.

As played:
      Rather 2nd barrel then shove. A 2nd barrel is very often in such spots gonna almost have the same FE as a shove just you dont risk that much and also you can still decide what do on the river if get to.

Best regards,