E-Sports

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      In the German community we have a large base of E-sports pros - and a lot of poker professionals (e.g. Elky) also stem from a competitive gaming background.

Any of you used to or actively play games on a competitive basis? Which ones? :)
  • 63 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Some cod4, but kinda quit it because of poker :P

And TMNF when I feel like playing a game
    • dagodr
      dagodr
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      In the German community we have a large base of E-sports pros - and a lot of poker professionals (e.g. Elky) also stem from a competitive gaming background.

Any of you used to or actively play games on a competitive basis? Which ones? :)
      Actually I didn't know that Elky was german.... ;)

Be careful, french big grother is watching you :P
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black

That's 1 part of the sentence, so he doesn't say Elky is german.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      I played in a MOHAA clan years ago, and we made it into the quarter-finals of some Championship, but I don't remember which one it was.

But there we got our butts kicked by some Swedish clan, who went on the win the whole thing. Damn, those Swedes are great FPS players. :(

[EDIT]: Ah, I remembered. It was a ClanBase EuroCup, and this here was my clan. :D
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Mohaa, full of cheaters!
    • dagodr
      dagodr
      Originally posted by Yoghi

That's 1 part of the sentence, so he doesn't say Elky is german.
      Yea yea I got it ! :P

CS Source for me, the best one IMO :heart:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      dota!
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by ihufa
      dota!
      same. I was an ESL dota admin and an orga for the Bulgarian national dota team. I also was a captain of not so known team, but a lot of current wc3 and dota "pros" passed through it.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      StarCraft/Broodwar for the win! :)
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Mohaa, full of cheaters!
      Pffff! It wasn't CS! :tongue:
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      About 2 years ago I was #6 in the world at battlefield. All the regulars had a private chat room and we used to bet against eachother, I made a mint on that game. I am still on the leader board at #11, and I haven't played for 2 years :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg

same. I was an ESL dota admin and an orga for the Bulgarian national dota team. I also was a captain of not so known team, but a lot of current wc3 and dota "pros" passed through it.
      I used to play Dota as well - had a few good shows at bigger tournaments but never really won any big ones :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by Drakhor
      Mohaa, full of cheaters!
      Pffff! It wasn't CS! :tongue:
      Seriously, I've been a CoD CB admin for quite a long time. And all the time cheaters from Mohaa came to my community :(
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      I was good at Quake 3 and represented my country in a few big tournaments like ESWC. That's all past now and I'm really shit lately. That's good, cause it gives me more motivation to keep on playing poker instead :D
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xantos
      StarCraft/Broodwar for the win! :)

aka ?

i did play StarCraft also and i won against a Korean semi-pro

i played on WEST with aka Invasion_Lt (LotemClan)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I played Broodwars off-line a lot... I swear the CPU cheats!!! :) I can't micro manage fast enough.

I use to play online Axis & Allies league play and won a couple big tourneys. I was ranked in the top 10 at one time anyways.

I quit after I had the top rated palyer on the ropes and crushed his strategy then all of a sudden every roll of mine lost and his won. every time!! before this occured he even asked me if I wanted a draw. I said as if pal your toast!! He won the match against 1/10000000000 odds so I quit because i then knew there was a dice cheat out there. No one beleived me then a year later MSN dropped A&A due to a dice cheat. :( cheaters suck!!
    • Vucko018
      Vucko018
      Global
      Any Dota-AllStars :D
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I have no idea what DotA is so I looked around and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzWIFX8M-Y
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      haha that's it. for a bit more of an ingame video check my mates
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAFzmuR2RWw