[NL2-NL10] NL5 K4s on BTN!

• AA91EST
      AA91EST
      Bronze
      SB was fishy and he was my target at the table.
      So i was IP and wanted to steal and take blinds and play in positsion versus him.
      He was passive, but makes some moves on these dry boards, calling preflop OOP very often. I had Pretty loose image because i stealed very often.

On flop pretty standart cbet for get value from high card(s)(Broadway hands, Ax hands, K9,Q9,J9,).
      on Turn check for pot control
      On river it was hard decision, but i assume his range is 22-33, A2,A3,A5,A6,A7,A9,AT,AJ and some broadway hands. 44-TT, A4,A8 he would raise on flop, JJ+,AQ+ would raise preflop. He is fishy player i'm pretty sure he don't know about high card value and would bet on river with A high.

What is the best play ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $3.88
      BB:
      $5.07
      BU (Hero):
      $6.73

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, 4.
      Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.45) 4, 8, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.21, SB calls $0.21.

Turn: ($0.87) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.87) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.41, HERO ??????
  • 2 replies
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Hi AA91EST

Preflop: Depending on how passive villain is I might prefer folding preflop here. If villain is not folding preflop / postflop very often then it is definitely a fold IMO. These hands are better played against a table of tighter players who are folding preflop and postflop a lot.

As played...

Postflop: Seems fine and river is a fold IMO. Your hand is a bluff catcher and if villain is particularly LP then he will probably have you beat and just doesn't want to see a x/beh on the river

Cheers
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey AA91EST,

I would suggest if you are planning to play a wider range and hands like this on the BTN to make it 3x. I dont mind the open given the fact that we are 3handed and as you mentioned there is a fish in the blinds ;) .

Also, rather bet the turn for protection and free showdown turn it into a bluffcather. I would make it something like 0,5$. But as played not much to mention other then a clear fold.

Best regards,