0$ to 200$

• 182guy
      182guy
      Bronze
      ok I've never posted a thread on here, so I decided I would, and set myself a challenge...

The Challenge:-

to reach 200$ target via pokerstars playchips before next sunday. i'll attempt to reach this target by gaining 10,000playchips from the 5/10 tables, then once i reach 10k, i'll play 10k 18mans, if i lose this buy in, i'll simply rinse and repeat...until i reach around 200k, to play 25k 9mans,, then once i reach 500k, ill focus on 50k 18mans...

the eventual goal is to accomplish 20million chips, which equals around the 200$ mark

thank you for listening, and wish me luck on the tables, i'll try to keep this page updated

-182guy
  • 40 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Every new blog seems to be money orientated. Why not have a goal, about bettering your game? Why play money chips? You busto? In which case if you dont play poker to learn your just going busto again, fast. BTW, winning on play money tables means absolute jack diddly squat. Don't get carried away when you win on play money, because when you have a BR you'll be full of confidence, and busto will loom.
    • Duane317
      Duane317
      Bronze
      That's possible? I mean... you can trade play chips for real chips? Really?

You're a pokerstrategy member. Why not use the $50 to earn your $200? Thats much easier in my opinion.
    • 182guy
      182guy
      Bronze
      No I'm not busto, I'm using doing this challenge for many other reasons, mainly I simply thought, it would be interesting to see if I could make a significant amount of money from $0 in a week...but thanks for your insults m8,,,lol
    • 182guy
      182guy
      Bronze
      In addition duane, where's the fun in that,,, hence why im setting myself a challenge, i'm not trying to do something easy..
    • 182guy
      182guy
      Bronze
      key word: CHALLENGE
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Surely you can just play proper poker, and build you BR bigger. Why would any poker player with a BR choose to play with play chips? Playing "poker with play chips" IS NOT POKER. So why waste your time? Your game is obviously money orientated, and your not interested in bettering your game, if your playing with play chips.

Makes no sense IMO.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I think it would take a lot longer to reach 2mil playchips than a week.. n if your spending ur whole 10k playchips on single sng's then thats bad playchipmanagement :P I'd probably get sick of doing it after a day but GL anyways.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      spending 10k on one sng is fine, seeing as you can get another 10k from scratch in 10 minutes or so
    • 182guy
      182guy
      Bronze
      pokerqt, there is no need in using management when you have less than 10k play chips, rinse and repeat routine is much better, since u get 1k everytime u go broke anyway...lol
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      sorry but freemoney is tottaly different to real money.
      its a whole different world.
      its pretty much pointless and its only good for getting used to the software/site.

IMHO.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 182guy
      key word: CHALLENGE
      What do you expect to gain from this challenge?

And why are you saying its equal to 200$? Didnt know you could exchange playmoney for real money.

I dont mean to bash you, but I dont see the point of this "challenge". Its just going to cost you time and reduce your real poker skills.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      LOL you guys.

He set himself a challenge. Some people play Wow or some other crap computer games for whole days. Others go to a bar and get drunk every night. He chose to play playchips poker. Take it easy guys. He probably won't learn much from it, but he doesn't sound like a guy who wants to make a living of poker, climb the limits, etc.

I play NL10 and I haven't been able to earn 200$ in a month yet... So if he can earn 200$ in a month, congrats.

OP, i support you. Gogogogo!!!
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrFunk
      I play NL10 and I haven't been able to earn 200$ in a month yet... So if he can earn 200$ in a month, congrats.

OP, i support you. Gogogogo!!!
      If you can't do it on NL10. How is he going to do it with PLAYmoney?

I like people who are motivated and set goals for themselves, but they really should know why they do it. In this scenario I have a hard time seing any true benefits whatsoever. If you need to kill some time I could think of alot better ways to do it.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      I don't know how hard it is to win 20 million play chips, since I have never played playchip poker.

He is obviously doing this for fun. I'm sure every one of us has a habit than kills a lot of our time. I often just lay down on a recliner chair and look at the blue sky and clouds for like two hours straight. Don't tell there are other ways to kill some time. :D I enjoy it, and obviously OP is enjoying playing playchip poker...
    • 182guy
      182guy
      Bronze
      this is merely a personal challenge for me....shame that so many are insulting me, saying i'mdoing the wrong thing etc, anyway, for those of you who are interested in my challenge :P ...

played a few SNGs before, current chipcount: 802,655

over and out :evil:
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      challenge?
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Damn,i still don't get it,how can you earn 200$ with playmoney?
      Weird.
    • Duane317
      Duane317
      Bronze
      He said you can trade them or something. I don't really know.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      people have actually made thousands of $ selling chips for the facebook texas holdem application.