[NL2-NL10] 2NL AKs facing a river overbet

• Warrior21
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Villain is unkown just came to the table.
      I think i must call his min raise on flop and then he checks turn. If he has a set or 2 pair i think he would def bet. So to my mind his range is a FD, an Ace that wanted to pick the pot on the flop or he just made a random bluff with air. I think i made a mistake by not making the turn. Anyways, the river is a complete brick and he makes an overbet. Is this a call?

SB: $4.96
      BB: $1.00
      UTG: $0.89
      CO: $2.00
      Hero (BTN): $2.45

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:heart: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.09, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.24, 2 players) A:spade: 8:spade: 4:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.80, 2 players) Q:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.80, 2 players) 2:heart:
      SB bets $1.00
  • 2 replies
    • jiffybag
      Bet bigger on the flop close to pot or pot as he is not folding a f/d or maybe a weaker A. His min raise is weird, but like you say could be worse A or air or f/d. Turn is tuff spot, I think I would also check back here, its hard to say now as I already know what villain is going to do on river. I'd like to know what other players would do on this turn cause if he had bet I would have folded. As played I think river is fold.
    • Kaitz20

I would prefer taking b/f line on the turn to then take my free river showdown. That way you also don´t have to worry him betting big on the river and if you can´t call him down even on blank river I think it is better to bet yourself. I would likely also fold river, since players should mostly overbet only with nuts and rather bet small their missed draws

best regards,