This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2NL AKs facing a river overbet

• Warrior21
      Warrior21
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Villain is unkown just came to the table.
      I think i must call his min raise on flop and then he checks turn. If he has a set or 2 pair i think he would def bet. So to my mind his range is a FD, an Ace that wanted to pick the pot on the flop or he just made a random bluff with air. I think i made a mistake by not making the turn. Anyways, the river is a complete brick and he makes an overbet. Is this a call?

SB: $4.96
      BB: $1.00
      UTG: $0.89
      CO: $2.00
      Hero (BTN): $2.45

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:heart: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.09, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.24, 2 players) A:spade: 8:spade: 4:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.80, 2 players) Q:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.80, 2 players) 2:heart:
      SB bets $1.00
  • 2 replies
    • jiffybag
      jiffybag
      Bronze
      Bet bigger on the flop close to pot or pot as he is not folding a f/d or maybe a weaker A. His min raise is weird, but like you say could be worse A or air or f/d. Turn is tuff spot, I think I would also check back here, its hard to say now as I already know what villain is going to do on river. I'd like to know what other players would do on this turn cause if he had bet I would have folded. As played I think river is fold.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would prefer taking b/f line on the turn to then take my free river showdown. That way you also don´t have to worry him betting big on the river and if you can´t call him down even on blank river I think it is better to bet yourself. I would likely also fold river, since players should mostly overbet only with nuts and rather bet small their missed draws

best regards,