HU vs MTT vs STT???

• noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      I started on cash games and was making reasonable returns but just found it very boring and repetitive until I actually gave up on poker for a few months.

Now I came back for fun and after running good on tournies I start thinking about money again. As a student its hard not to!

So I want to ask, what are the pros and cons of the different types of tournament, and specifically which game could have the highest returns, especially from only 2 tabling (more than 2 at a time gets boring again)?

I figured headsup might be the best for me but its actually the one I have the least experience with, and also has the least strategy advice online. Right now I am 2 tabling $2 6man turbos with around 10%roi, but at only about 5 games an hour I'd been to make it up to at least $10-$20 games before it would be worth grinding as a part time job.
  • 6 replies
    • Karl0zzz
      Karl0zzz
      Bronze
      Hey noz !

You can forget MTTs for sure if you are playing 2 tabels max. STTs need volume as well. HUSNGs are way to go for you, i think.

Karl0zzz
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey guys

Sorry Karl0zzz i had to remove that link as it was another affiliate and therefore a direct competitor with PokerStrategy.com have you checked our video section for HUSNG videos yet?

Regards
      Carl
    • noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      Hey, yeah I checked the HUSNG articles and videos but I couldn't find any basic strategy guides, something to give me the basic framework to build on. And I honestly have no idea if I should be playing super tight range or raising any 2 from the button. I've played a few HU games before but usually lost quite bad on them haha. Where should I start?
    • Karl0zzz
      Karl0zzz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noz03
      Hey, yeah I checked the HUSNG articles and videos but I couldn't find any basic strategy guides, something to give me the basic framework to build on. And I honestly have no idea if I should be playing super tight range or raising any 2 from the button. I've played a few HU games before but usually lost quite bad on them haha. Where should I start?
      I'm no expert in HUSNGs but the most important thing is to exploit your opponent. Every opponent is different, plays differently.
    • noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      But there must be some basic beginner strategy I can start with, and then learn the ways to adjust it to exploit the opponents. Right now I don't even know if I should be opening 20% or 100% of hands from the BTN?
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      No guide thats worth anything will tell you what % of hands to open with imo HU is so opponent dependent. You can be against a guy who plays 10/10 in one game and the next you can be playing someone who plays 45/30 or 80/60 and obviously the same strategy isn't going to work against each player type.

As a beginner stay really tight out of position and take advantage of being in position as much as you possibly can. You need to pay really close attention to what your opponent plays like and adjust to this as quickly as possible.

Are you playin HU SNGs? or cash? if SNGs SNG strategy board - Take a look in here and ask some questions in the sng startegy board where some people a little more in the know than me should be happy to help you out a little further :)

Regards
      Carl