Hero ($12.49)
      BB ($0.86)
      UTG ($12.41)
      UTG+1 ($2.99)
      CO ($5.40)
      BTN ($6.16)

Dealt to Hero 7:diamond: 6:diamond:

Villains unknown, speed poker

UTG raises to $0.15, fold, CO calls $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.13, fold

I only call here because the second opponent gives me better odds to play this speculative hand

FLOP ($0.65) 6:club: 6:heart: Q:spade:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.32, CO folds, BTN calls $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

TURN ($1.61) 6:club: 6:heart: Q:spade: T:club:

Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets $0.92, Hero raises to $2.95, UTG folds, BTN folds

Hero shows 7:diamond: 6:diamond:

Hero wins $3.28

My C/R on the turn was an attempt to get more value in the pot, but thinking about it, would I have been better off simply calling and allowing the villain to fire a third barrel on the river?

As I was OOP, there is a chance that if I didn't lead out on the river, I would see a check behind, but was unsure if that would be a risk worth taking to try to extract more value?
  • 3 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey bennisboy,

Rather donk the flop then play it this way. The problem is that if you raise the turn all weaker hands are most likely gonna fold and only better ones are gonna continue. Your hand is too faced up and unless there is a huge station who can t fold anything I wouldnt do it. So just donk both flop and turn and then decide what to do on the river.

Best regards,
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      THanks for the feedback Sikac,

Do you not feel that by donking the flop we force a lot of the hands that could c-bet to fold? I mean, if they don't have a Q, and are not an overpair, would the donk not make our hand even more face up?

Or do you think the donk bet in a flop like this could rep false weakness, and the aim is to get the villain to go over the top?
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      THanks for the feedback Sikac,

Do you not feel that by donking the flop we force a lot of the hands that could c-bet to fold? I mean, if they don't have a Q, and are not an overpair, would the donk not make our hand even more face up?

Or do you think the donk bet in a flop like this could rep false weakness, and the aim is to get the villain to go over the top?
      Since you are in a way 4pot there isnt that many air hands that are gonna Cbet. A Cbet in a 4way pot represent strenght and a X/R even more. By donking you kinda still invite some 88,99,TT or weak Qx hands to call becuase a donk isnt normally a sign of strenght. Also it avoids a check through on the turn which is gonna happen very often since the board is very dry and we are 3way left. You dictate the sizing so you can manage to get to the river with an 3/4 pot all in. And since they are already on the river and they pay so much they are gonna think ''Oh, I invested so much. I have to call!'' and bang suddenly another stack is in your hand :f_biggrin: ;)