International FL Team's Blog

• casadewinna
      casadewinna
      Bronze
      Hi all!

Wellcome to the conjoint blog of our Fixed Limit Team!

Here you will see some interesting/difficult hands, overall poker discussions and alot of other beautiful stuff :heart:

I guess, later all of us will represent ourthelves, but now, the main thing - is to start.

We will be glad to get any feedback in this tread (exept trolling ;) )

So let's begin!

P.S. Sorry for my English :f_mad:
  • 17 replies
    • casadewinna
      casadewinna
      Bronze
      Reserved
    • casadewinna
      casadewinna
      Bronze
      For increasing activity in this thread I will use the dirty trick of posting very debatable hand :facepalm:

IPoker, $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Hand Details

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4 3
      MP raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, MP calls

Flop: (7.4 SB)
      XXX
      (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets, MP calls

Turn: (4.7 BB)
      X

River: (6.7 BB)
      X
      MP checks, Hero bets

Board cards doesen't matter.

As you can guess, my reasoning of this line will be based on exploitive strategy.
      :spade: MP is maniac, that opens ~97% from any position.
      :spade: He cbets/donkbets any made hand almost always.
      :spade: Sometimes he ch/raises, but only with very strong hands.
      :spade: His ch/call means weakness.
      :spade: Blinds are TAG-players, BU is a little looser.
      :spade: Since he just flatted my 3Bet, we can exclude showdown value hands from his range.
      :club: He folds to a turn and river bet almost half of his range.

What do you think?
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by casadewinna
      For increasing activity in this thread I will use the dirty trick of posting very debatable hand :facepalm:

[SPOILER]
      IPoker, $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Hand Details

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4 3
      MP raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, MP calls

Flop: (7.4 SB)
      XXX
      (2 players)

Turn: (4.7 BB)
      X

River: (6.7 BB)
      X
      MP checks, Hero bets

Board cards doesen't matter.
      [/SPOLIER]
      :spade: MP is maniac, that opens ~97% from any position.
      :spade: He cbets/donkbets any made hand almost always.
      :spade: Sometimes he ch/raises, but only with very strong hands.
      :spade: His ch/call means weakness.
      :spade: Blinds are TAG-players, BU is a little looser.
      :spade: Since he just flatted my 3Bet, we can exclude showdown value hands from his range.
      :club: He folds to a turn and river bet almost half of his range.

[/QUOTE]

He flat your 3bet, but he could have had some showdown value with Ahi (although he probably wouldn't find it enough). I think that BU and SB don't matter much, since they will almost always cap or fold. BB cold calling 2 bets could be an option, but a very rare one (I know I hardly do that).

With that in mind, and not knowing the board cards (I don't know if you hit anything, although I realize that the other player cannot be put in any range based on his pf action), we can think about this a little bit. I'd analyse it with this game plan:

I'll fold to any x/r (f, t or r)
      He can x/f or x/c with 70% of a x/c in t or r (which makes 50% chances of folding overall).
      He won't fold to a contibet f
      If we get to showdown, we will be beat.

That would be my idea for a purely exploitative strategy, and the only one that would make sense regardless the board cards (Of course, it must be refined and, for instance b/c to a x/r if we have enough outs. To correct this, i'll simply suppose he won't x/r).

We have three situations then:

-Villain folds turn (0.3 probability)

EV= 5BB-2.5BB = 2.5 BB

-Villain calls turn and folds river (0.21 probability)

EV=7BB-3.5BB = 3.5 BB

-Villain goes to showdown (0.5 probability)

EV = -3.5 BB

So EV (gameplan) = -0.265 BB

I realize this looks quite simplified, but it can be a nice idea of what we have. If the final pot is of 7BB, a very little equity of 5% at showdown would give us enough to do this.

Please correct me if anything is wrong :)
    • casadewinna
      casadewinna
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JLeitmotiv

He flat your 3bet, but he could have had some showdown value with Ahi (although he probably wouldn't find it enough).
      He can't. Due to preflop action. Any Ax, pockets and almost all Kx will play cap here.

I think that BU and SB don't matter much, since they will almost always cap or fold.

BU and SB do matter. If we have showdown bound 70/3 fish acting after us, we will play marginal hand multiway too frequently.

...which makes 50% chances of folding overall

Much more. Think, I need to give more information, to make more accurate calculations:

Let's assume, he never folds on flop (worse scenario for us).
      On turn, before we bet, he has 100% of his flop range. (Despite he donks any hit almost always)

So he folds 35% on turn, and 62%(from 100-35=65% of turn calling range) = 0,62*0,65=~40% from flop range.
      When we add this numbers we get % of his whole range, he will fold from flop to river.
      35+40=75%

Considering, that for break-even bluff we need him to fold 20%/14% on turn/river, we have a very profitable line.
      At least, if we ignore some details. (Hard to be more exact without StoxEV calculations)

Maybe, somewhere I'm wrong)
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by casadewinna

BU and SB do matter. If we have showdown bound 70/3 fish acting after us, we will play marginal hand multiway too frequently.

I'm sorry, I meant that those BU and SB, as you said they were not fish but only slightly loose, will almost always cap (we are always behind) or fold. What I was trying to say is why i didn't consider them in my gameplan.

I remember you telling me that you came from HU, so you're much more into pure bluff lines as exploitative play. I didn't even know that 20/14 fold t/r was enough for a profitable bluff line!
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Villain is unknown. I had played a hand against him and i realized he didn't know what initiative was, hence my play. Here we go! Learning why we should enter with 12BB :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 9.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises, 3 folds, Hero 3-Bets, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.4 SB) Q, 9, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 raises, Hero 3-Bets, MP3 caps, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.2 BB) Q (2 players)

River: (15.2 BB) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: 23.2 BB.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a full-house, queens full of nines(5 Q).
      Hero shows four of a kind, nines(9 9).

Hero wins with four of a kind, nines(9 9).
    • Rantrave
      Rantrave
      Bronze
      @43s
      There is no discussion, there is no postflop, beacuse only correct way of playing this hand is fold pre, no matter if u got openraises to you, calls or folds.

Vs maniacs you play the same , pp + good sd value and you make cd's to river.

And he isn't maniac, maniac is a maniac, raises and bets all the time with wide range.

A calling station which just openraises any2 is still calling station

You played hand bad, and spewed it.
    • casadewinna
      casadewinna
      Bronze
      2 Rantrave,

fold preflop because you've read in some article or you can explaine your opinion in advanced way, considering cost of the game, probability of having hands from capping range by players after me, implied odds and RIO.
      It depends of how much you know about game theory, exploitive play, pure strategies in interated games...
      At least, can you prove that EV(fold)>EV(3Bet) ?
    • casadewinna
      casadewinna
      Bronze
      few marks

since they will almost always cap or fold.

In situations, you can't balance your range with bluffs/semibluffs you have to play call or fold, newer cap. Of course, if your opponents are strong enough to see you unbalanced.

Considering, that for break-even bluff we need him to fold 20%/14% on turn/river, we have a very profitable line.

My mistake, we have dead money in the pot, so we need even less fold equity.
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      OK, here goes my presentation!

I will give you first of all a song for you to listen to while you read this, so it won't be that annoying haha.

Hello, everyone! My name is Pablo, 24, and I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I study Physics, and I am about to start my PhD, luckily, april 2013. Besides poker, I teach in college and in pre-college courses. I started playing poker about 3 years ago, mostly to bust everything I could (mission... accomplished!). About 4 months ago I remembered I still had $3 left in my pokerstars accoun that they had given me, and I said to myself: "What the hell! Let's try to build a BR!" I am now playing 0.25/0.50 SH and my only goal is to improve my poker play. I know I will never achieve professional level, and I am content with that.

Coming from the science pool, I definitely chose FL. I saw that people in NL had a lot of preflop action and most flops couldn't be seen, and that isn't what I wanted to play, I like having a lot of decisions per hand. That's why I moved to 6max as soon as I could. I am now trying to have enough bankroll to move up to 0.50/1, but i've heard (and seen!) that this level is much harder than 0.25/0.50, and filled up with regs, so I guess I won't be received with happiness.

Other things about me: I am kinda computer freak. I use pokerstars through wine in linux and FPDB (mostly because I cannot buy HM2 :f_confused: ). I hope we can learn a lot here!
    • casadewinna
      casadewinna
      Bronze
      Some crazy spot played by dynamics)

Poker Stars $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 1939344
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BTN/SB with 5:diamond: 8:club:
      Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps!, BB calls

Flop: (8 SB) K:diamond: 4:spade: 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps!, BB folds
      Bronze
      tilt hand ?
    • casadewinna
      casadewinna
      Bronze
      Marathon / betting

Bet with a friend:
      From 15th January to 15 April 2013, I must earn 2.5 K $.

Terms and conditions:

- Rakeback and bonuses are considered in the profit.
      - Permitted games - any cash and the SnGs. Profit from MTT is not considered.
      - Pre-check on stats from HM and FPDB. Basic check through the client.
      - Profit is total from money in poker rooms + casouts made - made deposits - incoming transfers + outgoing transfers.

Withdrawal:
      If I lose a bet - I pay to friend $ 200.
      If I win the bet - he boughts me a two liter bottles of Hennessy VS (Not that this is a big motivation, just as something symbolic)

At the moment:

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

BR now: 531,26 $ + 6T $.
      About $ 400 bonus on the FTP.

Going to play FLH SH 05/1, the FR 1/2, Razz 05/1. Will rise in stakes slightly looser than standard BRM.

The plan - to play 1,7K hands daily. In the future, I will review the plan, depending on the success of the game in this mode.

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

I think there are those who, without any marathons plays and earns more in the same limits. But specifically for me to play 1,7K/day - is Challenging! / For last two months played only 20K hands, for no reason /
      Especially, this marathon does not cancel my study of Razz, Spanish and yoga. In short, it will be extremely difficult.
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Best of lucks on that Marathon (and hope you can make $2k5!).

What would be the winning rate for you to do that?

How many tables will you play simultaneously? How may hours per day?
    • casadewinna
      casadewinna
      Bronze
      Thanks!)

What would be the winning rate for you to do that?

1,5BB/100 on 05/1, 0,7BB/100 on 1/2.

How many tables will you play simultaneously? How may hours per day?

SH - 2-4 tables, FR - 4-9, so around 300-400 hands/hour, so around 5-6 hours. Razz - 80-160 hands/hour, so it will not depend on basic plan.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Few mottos for this marathon:

[COLOR=blue][B]"Do not shrink from a hard task, for to accomplish one of these will often bring us more good than a dozen lesser triumphs. "[/COLOR]

"Don't see how little you can do, but how much you can do."

"The "bigger" the man, the smaller the obstacle appears. The "smaller" the man the greater the obstacle appears.
      Always look at the advantage you gain by overcoming obstacles, and it will give you the needed courage for their conquest. "[/B]
      Bronze
      gl my friend
    • casadewinna
      casadewinna
      Bronze
      Thank you, Daniel!