From Hero To Zero NL 6max Conquest

• TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Hi Guys and Girls

I'm currently a student, born in New Zealand, Raised in the Middle East and have now come to the beautiful city of Melbourne Australia, and I've been playing poker for 2 years, the first year was more for recreation purposes and my roll was constantly going up and down.

I first started with a $20 deposit which in retrospect was noobish as I didn't take full advantage of the 1st Deposit bonus but I didn't really have the money to deposit a whole lot more. Anyways I started at NL2 and watched it grown and by the end of the year i went from robust-o to busto.

I started again and with the $20something I had left earlier this year moving over to zoom and grew it again. I was getting bored of playing NL2 and desperately wanted to move up.

I was on the way to NL5 only a few BIs away from a decent roll that I could use for NL5 when I just caught some bad beats and proceeded to tilt my money away. So I withdrew half of my roll and decided to build again from $40 without having the pressure to make it to NL5 and sure enough I made the transition and quadrupled my roll in less than a month. I was over the moon but it was short lived and have catching a few bad beats and tilting my money away I'm back to to square 1.

I started with Fullring but decided to go to 6max as I enjoy the dynamic of the game.

I guess I started this blog too get me back on track and to post hands and get some feedback from other people doing the same thing as me.and Just see where it goes.

First thing I had in mind was purging my HM manager of everything and starting a new as I can't stand to look at back at graph every time I open it and think of noob mistakes I made. Good Idea?

Also I find it hard to decide on a roll I wan't to start again with so any ideas would be great =)

Finally I hope other people will get just as much out of this as I hope I do

Cheers
  • 5 replies
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      So I stuck with what a BR of $80 ...

and my progress so far isn't really progress. I decided maybe I should just stick with zoom as I've had some decent win rates before with Zoom and it didn't take me too long to get back to my old ways spewing off monies at NL2 zooom. I decided to put a stop to that and move back to regular fast 6max tables.

I've been playing 4-6 tables at a time mostly 4 tables to try and concentrate more vs opponents and use information i get to its potential.

So far sessions and have up and down trying to recover the monies i spewed at zoom :f_frown:

I hit a stellar award worth $10 but all in all I'm down 4 Buy Ins Current Roll stands at 81.14

Todays session went pretty bad walked into AA twice :f_mad:

Had a Hand which I ended up playing horribly. Not using my HUD on NL2 as I don't really have enough hands on anyone. After reviewing opponent is playing 39/14 with a limp% of 24, over the 29 hands with a limp% of 24 have on him. Anyways I think just another spew with a crying call at the end when I know i'm surely beat..

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $4.34
      BU:
      $1.92
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $2.03
      MP3:
      $1.62

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, 9.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BU calls $0.06, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.15) 6, T, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BU calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.35) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

River: ($0.75) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BU raises to $1.56, Hero calls $1.16.

Final Pot: $3.87.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, tens and nines(Tc 9h).
      BU shows (Qc Jh).
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      id bet the turn bigger and river bigger and fold to a raise cause u really dont beat any valueraises.

not many busted draws either, maybe something like 7:spade: 8:spade: , J:spade: 8:spade: ... thats like 2 combos.

the way he played he cant ever have anything less than a set, and even a set would be pretty surprising cause if he has 66, he probably raises flop or turn, 99-TT-KK would probably 3bet PF IP

:) GL with your conquest
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Yea I knew it was a fold on the river just didn't have the discipline as usual which is the reason I'm a loosing player.

Biggest thing i need to work on is tilt control and discipline with my game.
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      So finally after a few decent sessions just back up to over break even and hopefully the green line continues to climb.

Been trying to work on discipline. Think I've been playing a bit more nitty in spots but just trying to make the right decisions as to not cost me a heap of monies

Bank roll at $90.62 which includes the $10 stellar I mentioned at the beginning :f_biggrin:
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Had a small session this evening which was awful I folded KK twice post flop and had in a 4bet pot QQ into AT where naturally he rivered an A

A free play spew i think where call with two-pair which ran into bottom set. Definitely wasn't getting odds to call but i felt like i had good equity to make the calls.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $2.01
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $0.99
      MP3:
      $2.95
      CO:
      $3.34
      BU:
      $3.29

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, 4.
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.11) 2, 9, 7 (5 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0.10, BU calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($0.41) T (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, BU folds, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($1.21) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.58, Hero calls $1.48.

Final Pot: $4.27.

Results follow:

CO shows three of a kind, twos(2d 2h).
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and fours(Td 4d).

CO wins with three of a kind, twos(2d 2h).

Bank roll at $86.91