FT verification

• ivancro
      ivancro
      Bronze
      Lets say I've been playing with my brother's account for the last few years on FTP and he was playing with mine (dont ask why). The only difference between those two acc. are the first name and the birthday.

Is there a risk trying to fix this now? Maybe I should verify both accounts now and then after reopening ask to switch names?
  • 13 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi ivancro,

I'm gonna have to ask why?! :D

Considering that you've both broken the rules in the past it is probably for the better that you make them aware of this now. Being honest will only stand in your favour ;)

Regards,
      Gary
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Don't see any good reason why would you do that... ?(
      So I need to ask why?

Well, if I (and my brother - for the sake of argument, let's say he also plays poker :D ) were in this spot, I'd just verify each others accounts. I'm guessing, there will be an option to transfer money between players, so after accounts are verified, you can just transfer the difference between cashier balances. ;)
      Problem solved. :)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Yup, don't see why you don't just swap back accounts and give your bro the difference (or vice versa).

No need to get FTP/stars involved because they'd be well within their rights to freeze your accounts and detain any funds held permanently.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      FTP has a very strict policy about sticking to the rules.

Except the rules relating to player funds, ofc, which can be broken if the owners are feeling like they need another Audi :coolface:
    • ivancro
      ivancro
      Bronze
      I did thought about just swaping balances. But there are a few problems with that.
      He plays micro stakes and I play low stakes - big difference in bankroll - easy to spot.
      And then I would be playing same stakes with different nickname (which I dont like) against the 'same' opponents which would be almost cheating.

What Im really asking is there a even slight chance of them detaining any of our funds permanently? I didnt cheat anyone, I just have two incorrect account information...
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by ivancro

What Im really asking is there a even slight chance of them detaining any of our funds permanently? I didnt cheat anyone, I just have two incorrect account information...
      Yes, you are committing identity fraud. There is a chance they won't return your money. If you want to play it safe, at least withdraw your funds to an e-wallet like MB/neteller first, and then ask them to swap the accounts over.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l

Yes, you are committing identity fraud. There is a chance they won't return your money. If you want to play it safe, at least withdraw your funds to an e-wallet like MB/neteller first, and then ask them to swap the accounts over.
      And what happens if they find out in the mean time?

My suggestion: Be honest now! They are more likely to be more lenient if you speak the truth ;)

Regards,
      Gary
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

And what happens if they find out in the mean time?

My suggestion: Be honest now! They are more likely to be more lenient if you speak the truth ;)

I'm all for being honest. However...

Realistically at this stage there is no physical way to prove one person is playing another's account.

I'm not suggesting OP be dishonest. I'm just suggesting he puts his roll somewhere safe first.

If OP wants to take a much increased risk of losing his roll by contacting support before moving it, then I applaud his honesty....but seriously question the logic/EV of the decision.

EDIT: Actually, in my experience with posts such as this, something suspicious is going on and OP is not quite telling the full story. I'm not inferring anything, just saying.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      yeah there is more to this than the op is letting on, this situation can be resolved very easy by swapping back accounts, so the op is either stupid or hes been up to no good

this is also his first ever post in 4.5 years
    • ivancro
      ivancro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      yeah there is more to this than the op is letting on, this situation can be resolved very easy by swapping back accounts, so the op is either stupid or hes been up to no good
      Dont you understand that swapping accounts would be easily spoted because we play different stakes and I have way more money then he does. And then if I would continue playing with his nickname it would be cheating like multi accounting.

EDIT: Situation sounds a bit weird but there is isnt really anything deeper in it.
      Since they decide to verify accounts I thought maybe it would be a good idea to
      fix this. Thats all.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      Dont you understand that swapping accounts would be easily spoted because we play different stakes and I have way more money then he does. And then if I would continue playing with his nickname it would be cheating like multi accounting.
      Exactly my point - own up to your previous misgivings and hopefully everything will work out for the best. Obviously no one can promise that but in my experiences the best thing to do right now is to be honest. Don't swap accounts - own up!

I honestly don't understand why you have set up and played on each others accounts - this part does not make sense to me. If you have a decent reason for it - then I would suspect there will no trouble. That obviously depends on the reason?

Gary
    • ivancro
      ivancro
      Bronze
      Reason?
      In the beginning I was just fooling around, making accounts, busting no deposit bonuses etc.
      I dont remember exactly, but I think I made the first account on my name and then I lost the free money on it. After that (maybe a year later) I wanted to deposit for the first time but I really really hated the nickname I had there so I asked to change it and they refused.

So, then I decided to make an account with my brother's name so that I could choose another nickname that way. And then I made my first deposit there.

And then they thought I was multi accounting and they closed the first account (my name) and I continued playing with brother's.

And then brother wanted to try poker on FT so now he made an account on my name and started playing.

And thats how we got there.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      IMO, both of you withdraw and just play on another site.