moving up to $ 11 SNG's

• sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I have been awful busy with watching the $ 11 SNG's videaos by the Nose and didn't really see alot of difference to the $ 5,5 SNG's exept maybe a beter bubble play. But just to be sure I wanted to ask if there is anything I have to think about moving up limits or is it a little tougher then it seen at first hand and might I be better of with a little more conservative bankroll.

I'm only 23 dollars away from getting my bakroll to $ 330 and I want to be ready when I get trere so hope to have someone responding soon :)
  • 12 replies
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I'd wait till u have a few more buyins, usually (for me anyway) it takes a bit of time to adjust to a new stake level so if you wait a lil bit longer then u can comfortably afford it if you lose a few when u start. The $10 ones are pretty easy to beat though, theres still a lot of fishies
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      thanks p0kerQT for the reply I think it might be better to have indeed a little more bankroll then the 30 buy-in to comfortible play the $ 11 SNG's but I think 400 will be enough. But nice to get some convermation what I seen on the videos.
    • LX4DR
      LX4DR
      Silver
      hy

im playin 6.5$ an 12$ 45er sitngos on stars and
      i would wait for about 1K to play 11$ BI secure....

just my experience ;) (ok im bronze... but this is another problem hehe)

its easy to get broke with only 35 BI... and u have to switch back to lower limit very fast if u loose some games....

be patient ;)

lx
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      A hunderd buy-ins thats a lot, I now helemaalnicks has that of a conservative bankrollmanagement but I don't think it is already necessairy for the $ 11 SNG. I think 40 buy-ins will be just fine. But I had a downswing yesterday of 50 dollar so I'm only at 295 dollars at the moment. hopes it doesn't last long :(
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      100 buyins is way too nitty for the regular 9 or 10 man sng's imo, I think 40 buyins is good as long as you're willing to move down a level if u fall below 30.
      If you're multitabling a lot I'd play a bit more conservatively, but I usually just play 1-2 tables, and for the 45 man sng's you would obviously need more than 40 buyins there coz they're harder to win.
    • Biglion
      Biglion
      Global
      Sirilidion: There a text at the SnG strategy section that hasn't been translated from german to english.

Bankrollmanagment in 1 table SnG:

It makes a difference for low buy-in SnG (less than 11$) and middle buy-in SnG (11$-33$). For low buy-in SnG you need 36 buyins for going up a level and if you fall till 50 buyins of the level you just left you have to go down a level.

So with 295 you need to go back to the 6$ SnG...

For higher limits it says 50 buyins to go up a level and 50 buyins of the old buy-in limit to go back down.

Its not a defeat, its a conservative approach to the tables.

Good luck with it, I am playing 2$+0,25$ at Full Tilt Poker.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I have deceided to do something different. I still play 5 sng's but experiment with 1 $ 11 sng's that way I still do not risk much ( only 5,5 extra) and I get some experience from the $ 11 SNG's. I do not know why the count the $ 11 SNG as higher because the skill-level is really terrible. the 1 SNG from $ 11 was even faster 6 handed then the other $ 5,5 SNG ( was 3rd in my first $ 11 SNG ). if it doesn't work I can always stop playing them till my bankroll is high enough.

My bankroll is already $ 390 so think I will get to $ 500 quickly enough.

I'm playing at Mansion myself. Don't really like the software there but there are many fishes :D . Think of moving to full tilt myself as soon as my bankroll hits 600. That way I can make full advantage of the first deposit bonus :P
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      100 buyins is way too nitty for the regular 9 or 10 man sng's imo, I think 40 buyins is good as long as you're willing to move down a level if u fall below 30.
      If you're multitabling a lot I'd play a bit more conservatively, but I usually just play 1-2 tables, and for the 45 man sng's you would obviously need more than 40 buyins there coz they're harder to win.
      i agree. The reason for my conservative approach is the fact that I live off playing poker. However, even I start taking shots at the next level if i have 75+ BI's for it. I would just stick to 50BI's for now, and taking shots as soon as you have 30BI's for the next limit is fine. Just make sure you move back down as soon as things don't go your way.
    • MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      I'm also going to move to the $11s on FTP pretty soon, BR is up to $330 but going to wait until I get to about 50 BI to take a shot at the $11 SNGs.

I've watched a few of these and the play looks atrocious, just as bad as the $5s I'm playing now :D . I'm looking forward to moving up! Can't wait! (Well, I can wait, coz I is a nit LOL).
    • masfe
      masfe
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      i agree. The reason for my conservative approach is the fact that I live off playing poker. However, even I start taking shots at the next level if i have 75+ BI's for it. I would just stick to 50BI's for now, and taking shots as soon as you have 30BI's for the next limit is fine. Just make sure you move back down as soon as things don't go your way.

I use the same method, 75+ i move up, 60- i move down.

I don't live from poker, but i usually multitable 9 tables, and i don't feel good playing with 40-50 buy-in's on 9-table session. That would be 20% of my bankroll on the tables.

Playing atm 11$ with 115 buy-in's. As soon as i get 150 buy-in's (75 of 22$) gonna take a shot. If i get down to 60 buy-in's i'll grind a little more on 11$.

So basically this is what i do:

Less than 660$ -> Move down to 5.5$
      More than 825$ -> Move back to 11$
      More than 1650$ -> Move up to 22$
      Less than 1320$ -> Move down to 11$
      More than 2475$ -> Move up to 33$
      Less than 1980$ -> Move back to 22$

Kinda conservative bankroll management, i would decrease the # of buy-in's if i would only play 4-tables, for 9-tables i like this way.

I don't think there is a right bankroll management, there are some limits ofcourse, playing with less than 20 buy-in's is really bad, and the risk of ruin gets too high. Some people play with 500 buy-in's, is that bad? I don't think so, if they feel that their winnings are good enough i think it's ok.

The better limit to play is the one where we feel fine with the variance.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Bronze
      I play at Titan but Im guessing there is not much difference in the skill level.
      I find that the $10 is actually easier than the $5, there is a lot of new dead money there.
      Once you move up to $20 there is a mixture of players some of which are very good.
      I assume that anyone living off poker is not going to be playing much at the $10 level - what sort of living can you make at that level - so you ar up against part timers, thrill seekers and people learning the game and I find it fairly straightforward to figure out which is which.
      My advise would be to try single tabling at $10 level, dont multi table at a new level until you are consistently beating it.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I have moved up from the $11's upto the $33's on titan, and i'm now having a few shots at the $55's. Titan is the biggest fish pond on these limits. The $55's are still packed full of bad players. On the $22's and $33's, theres a couple of regulars claiming they play these limits as a pro. Which tbh I dont think any of the players on titan at this limit are pro's. They simply are not good enough, none of them. The $55's are the same, knowone has a near perfect game.

Their is not enough games available at this limit, and when you reach the higher limits, a change in platform is a must.

I am crrently playing to the 50 buyin rule, but I am having shots at the next limit when I have 35ish buyins.