[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH AQo - overplayed?

• muel294
      Preflop: My 3b preflop is debatable. I think villain can be min-raising super wide UTG and I will almost certainly face a MWP OOP w/o initiative. I opted for a 3b/fold line since I would prefer to have the initiative.

Flop: It's difficult to say whether I can value bet here without knowing the villain better. I decided to continue to play my hand as a semi bluff and maybe villain calls with weaker FD's and maybe he folds some pairs with no draws.

My only other option is to c/c and play for pot odds / implied odds. Maybe this is better on a mono flop where I can't asess my FE* well and don't know whether villain calls worse when I bet.

Turn: It is between c/c and b/c here. I decided to b/c since he pretty much x/beh with all other worse hands that are not flushes. By betting I think he can call with weaker pairs, 2pr's and sets sometimes that would normally x/beh for a cheap showdown.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $9.28
      BTN: $4.22
      Hero (SB): $6.84
      BB: $3.89
      UTG: $2.99 28/12/1/0/20/25 hands - LP/unknown, few hands
      MP: $4.00

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:club: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.26, fold, UTG calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.56, 2 players) J:spade: T:spade: 6:spade:
      Hero bets $0.36, UTG calls $0.36

Turn: ($1.28, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero bets $0.61, UTG raises to $2.37 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.76

River: ($6.02, 2 players) 2:spade:

Hero shows A:club: Q:spade: (Flush, Queen High) (Pre 45%, Flop 60%, Turn 100%)
      UTG mucks 7:heart: 7:spade: (Flush, Jack High) (Pre 55%, Flop 40%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $5.72
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello muel294,

What's the reason for betting the turn in first place, from how many worse hands do you get called? Rather Check it and reevaluate further actions.

Though as played whilst he may bluff and not you have to decide that yourself. Though I expect the guy rather be calling with nutflush or something similar.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      Thanks Veriz

I had a feeling that I was ISO'ing myself vs better. I think I was just clicking buttons this hand and not thinking. I saw that I had a gutshot and FD and just started firing away without thinking.

Since I would be planning to play x/c on the turn would you also recommend x/c on the flop even with initiative? After all I only need pot odds of 2.9:1 with 12 outs not to mention some implied odds.If we play our hand this way I think we might be able to keep some weaker parts of his range in the hand.

For instance, lets assume villain has at least top pair here and he bets 1/2-3/4 pot on the F, then if we play x/c T+R we are playing pot control vs a much wider range of hands that we beat, rather than a much narrow range which often comprises A :spade: /K :spade: .

Even if villain was to x/beh T on any :spade: we can DB/fold river 1/3-1/2 and assume we are beat.