mss coach urgently required!!!

• 17 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      From as far as I remember, Gerv was the only guy looking after MSS content, after he decided to leave half way through last month we quickly realized we should fill his void.

ctstc was quickly installed to fill the Hand Evaluation forum and has done a great job so far, remember he has only quickly moved over from his German responsibilities, he jumped straight in and immediately started helping us.

fr nl50 jj posts like this is only going to deter the coach from posting, we all know that we were left in a really difficult spot without any notice or help getting other MSS players and the fact we managed to get a coach in straight away was good imo.

Of course finding willing coaches to do MSS videos and coaching is difficult, not only do we have to spend time finding a new guy to do videos but actually creating videos takes a long time to prepare and produce.

What we have realised from the situation is that thinking you can depend on one guy, no matter how loyal he has previously been will not work. People get busy, people get new jobs and people lose passion for the game, we are now working on building larger moderator teams and from the NL section you can see this has happened with immediate effect with Veriz having 4 brand new judges working under him when previously it was just him.

As far as MSS goes we are speaking to some mid and high stakes coaching with experience in MSS and I imagine before the end of the month we will have a suitable replacement here,

So in summary, we are trying our best to find new MSS content from a new larger reliable team that can bring us innovative ways to create the best content. Outside of MSS we are putting steps in place to make sure such problem wont happen in any other game type in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback Roo and good luck in the 100/200nl shots :f_love:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Thanks for your speedy reply Pleno, hands up I agree that the post in the link was not very fair and I did not realise at the time how few mss coaches are available to you. :(

I have to say I have spent some time reading through ctstc hand evaluations and he is doing an excellent job...why not ask him to do a couple of coaching sessions? :f_thumbsup:

That being said it is very fustrating that us mss followers always seem to get left on the shelf with so few articles and video releases, so every coaching session is important to us.

Crushing 100/200nl to follow soon :f_biggrin:
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      it's cos nobody likes MSSers, sorry
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      it's cos nobody likes MSSers, sorry
      We don't care if we are liked, we just want justice :f_biggrin:
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Anything new regard to this? Is there going to be another MSS coaching for English community?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

You can see this week we have just launched a 10 part series on how to win at PLO. We saw PLO and MSS as being the two areas where we release the lowest amount of videos. Now we have found a PLO replacement I am going to work on getting an MSS video series ready by November with the goal of having both the live coaching and series ready for November.

Thanks
      Patrick
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey roo,

Some info for you coming in the next few days ;)

Watch out!

Thanks
      Patrick
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey roo,

Some info for you coming in the next few days ;)

Watch out!

Thanks
      Patrick
      Thanks Patrick :f_thumbsup:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      roo: noob no longer? why couldn't i have been awesome as you? it's nice to see someone so hungry to learn even after all this time. :heart: i see you giving tips for beginners and such as well. who knows, maybe someday it will be your name in the MSS coaching spot... :s_cool: wouldn't that be something!

pleno just wanted to give you some love here. it's insane how you're so efficient patrick! thanks for always caring about the members and their concerns. :f_love:

props and stuff,
      wendy
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      roo: noob no longer? why couldn't i have been awesome as you? it's nice to see someone so hungry to learn even after all this time. :heart: i see you giving tips for beginners and such as well. who knows, maybe someday it will be your name in the MSS coaching spot... :s_cool: wouldn't that be something!

pleno just wanted to give you some love here. it's insane how you're so efficient patrick! thanks for always caring about the members and their concerns. :f_love:

props and stuff,
      wendy
      Hey Wendy,

Welcome back, we have all missed you :heart:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      thank you kind sir :s_love:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hey,

You can see this week we have just launched a 10 part series on how to win at PLO. We saw PLO and MSS as being the two areas where we release the lowest amount of videos. Now we have found a PLO replacement I am going to work on getting an MSS video series ready by November with the goal of having both the live coaching and series ready for November.

Thanks
      Patrick

X( X( X( X( X( X(
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

We released a MSS video from Jack Daniels this week. Granted it wasn't basic/silver status but the coach we found was playing mid stakes games and doesn't make sense to release as silver content.

I tell you what though, because you really want to see some content and think of ways to improve our game, I will encourage your motivation and change the status of the video to Silver for 1 week starting on Monday, hopefully you can find some ideas and ways of creating new cool lines from it.

Hope this is fine?
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hey,

We released a MSS video from Jack Daniels this week. Granted it wasn't basic/silver status but the coach we found was playing mid stakes games and doesn't make sense to release as silver content.

I tell you what though, because you really want to see some content and think of ways to improve our game, I will encourage your motivation and change the status of the video to Silver for 1 week starting on Monday, hopefully you can find some ideas and ways of creating new cool lines from it.

Hope this is fine?
      That would be great :f_thumbsup:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Result!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      :s_cool:
    • pleno1
      pleno1